Carolina releases Stephen Davis (not surprising) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carolina releases Stephen Davis (not surprising)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carolina releases Stephen Davis (not surprising)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:55 pm

Fron kffl:

Panthers | S. Davis cut
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:34:57 -0800

Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers have cut RB Stephen Davis. The move dropped his salary cap hit from $3.8 million to about $1 million.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:56 pm

i'm so totally shocked. ;-7
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:58 pm

Send Davis to Pittsburgh to be the short yardage and goal line back for us. I think that in a limited role like that he could last another few years.....just not as an every down back anymore.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:00 pm

he is definitely good for a short yardage role but the injuries he seems to rack up on a yearly basis are a concern.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:00 pm

mattb47 wrote:Send Davis to Pittsburgh to be the short yardage and goal line back for us. I think that in a limited role like that he could last another few years.....just not as an every down back anymore.

I think your right there Matt. Davis would fit well into the Pittsburg system. If he would get the goaline carries and take 5 or so other carries from Parker the Pitt running game doesnt look so bad anymore!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:02 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
mattb47 wrote:Send Davis to Pittsburgh to be the short yardage and goal line back for us. I think that in a limited role like that he could last another few years.....just not as an every down back anymore.

I think your right there Matt. Davis would fit well into the Pittsburg system. If he would get the goaline carries and take 5 or so other carries from Parker the Pitt running game doesnt look so bad anymore!

Yea, I'm also thinking that at his age he wouldn't come at a very hefty price. He seems like a good team player as well because he voluntarily stepped back last year mid-season to let Foster take over the starting role. I'd love to have him in PIT for 2-3 years.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:15 pm

i am a carolina fan and im really worried with our rb situation right now. the transition on foster is understandable, but i hope that the panthers are not trying to count on foster to carry the full load. He hasnt shown any evidence he can do that. I hope we get edge or SA and let "fragile" foster go
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Keyser_WV » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:22 pm

mattb47 wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:

Yea, I'm also thinking that at his age he wouldn't come at a very hefty price. He seems like a good team player as well because he voluntarily stepped back last year mid-season to let Foster take over the starting role. I'd love to have him in PIT for 2-3 years.

Yes, this could be a nice cheap option for Pittsburgh.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby UTLonghorns » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:25 pm

Not a good idea, he'll get hurt. :-t
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:32 pm

UTLonghorns wrote:

Not a good idea, he'll get hurt. :-t

then at least he'll fit their recent years mold. ;-7

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk