Carolina releases Stephen Davis (not surprising) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carolina releases Stephen Davis (not surprising)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:32 pm

UTLonghorns wrote:
mattb47 wrote:Send Davis to Pittsburgh to be the short yardage and goal line back for us. I think that in a limited role like that he could last another few years.....just not as an every down back anymore.

Not a good idea, he'll get hurt. :-t

I think you're wrong. In a back-up, Bettis like role, he could be very good and I think could easily stay healthy for a few years.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:43 pm

mattb47 wrote:Send Davis to Pittsburgh to be the short yardage and goal line back for us. I think that in a limited role like that he could last another few years.....just not as an every down back anymore.

yea, he could replace duce staley as the guy in the street clothes on the sideline. no offense to the guy, but hes on his last legs, and i wouldnt be surprised if he retired. if we could get him to come for a low salary, that would be great, but i dont see it happening.

btw matt, congrats on going over 5000 posts.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:24 pm

Hard to tell what Davis will do...he is damaged goods, but someone will surely take a shot at him. Arizona anyone? :-?
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:26 pm

mattb47 wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:

I think your right there Matt. Davis would fit well into the Pittsburgh system. If he would get the goaline carries and take 5 or so other carries from Parker the Pitt running game doesnt look so bad anymore!

Yea, I'm also thinking that at his age he wouldn't come at a very hefty price. He seems like a good team player as well because he voluntarily stepped back last year mid-season to let Foster take over the starting role. I'd love to have him in PIT for 2-3 years.

Good thinking, but if Pittsburgh can afford him, I'd rather Mike Anderson.

Davis might be able to be signed for a lot cheaper, though.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:32 pm

i dont know if anyone saw, but they also released running back rod smart (who?) and defensive tackle brensent buckner (hope i spelled it right).
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mattb47 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:33 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:i dont know if anyone saw, but they also released running back rod smart (who?) and defensive tackle brensent buckner (hope i spelled it right).

Ah....so they finally released "He Hate Me".... :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:40 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:i dont know if anyone saw, but they also released running back rod smart (who?)

You don't know who Rod "He Hate Me" Smart is? Go look up XFL at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFL
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Previous

Return to Football Talk