Madison, 3 others released by MIA - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Madison, 3 others released by MIA

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:01 pm

VaderFin wrote:All good moves. Madison's days of being a good corner are long behind him. He has lost a major step. McIntosh played ok and I wouldn't mind seeing him back at a paycut. Jones? Perfect 1 year player for what we paid him last year. If he wants back at a new contract that would be fine as well. Howard blew chunks and should be playing in the CFL.

Travis Daniels started at CB for most of last year and played pretty well for a rookie. Will Poole was set to start before he got hurt in camp and should be our other starter. Draft another CB and probably find one in FA and we are fine at corner.

Not one of those cuts was even a mild surprise.

maybe not, but they still need some veteren leadership at CB (outside of Poole, of course).

Any talk in MIA about bringing in a cheap vet? (a la Dallas bringing in Glenn last year...)

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:34 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
VaderFin wrote:All good moves. Madison's days of being a good corner are long behind him. He has lost a major step. McIntosh played ok and I wouldn't mind seeing him back at a paycut. Jones? Perfect 1 year player for what we paid him last year. If he wants back at a new contract that would be fine as well. Howard blew chunks and should be playing in the CFL.

Travis Daniels started at CB for most of last year and played pretty well for a rookie. Will Poole was set to start before he got hurt in camp and should be our other starter. Draft another CB and probably find one in FA and we are fine at corner.

maybe not, but they still need some veteren leadership at CB (outside of Poole, of course).

Any talk in MIA about bringing in a cheap vet? (a la Dallas bringing in Glenn last year...)

I am sure some cap cut will come Miami's way. Saban is not shy about plugging in veterans for a good, short term contract. You won't see a Ty Law and a huge contract but another signing like Tebucky Jones was last year will happen. Daniels and Poole won't be an elite tandem but they will be good in the scheme Miami runs...play the zone and make tackles.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:35 pm

VaderFin wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:

I am sure some cap cut will come Miami's way. Saban is not shy about plugging in veterans for a good, short term contract. You won't see a Ty Law and a huge contract but another signing like Tebucky Jones was last year will happen. Daniels and Poole won't be an elite tandem but they will be good in the scheme Miami runs...play the zone and make tackles.

Scott Wright's new mock has Tye Hill going to MIA... (check it in CS). I see a strong possibility of that happening as well.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:40 pm

It wouldn't surprise me but I don't think so. Reason: Saban wants corners who tackle well...not just speed guys who play bump and run well. I do see Miami going heavy on D in the draft though so a D in the 1st round is likely if Cutler goes as early as now expected.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk