Combine Results Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Combine Results Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Combine Results Question

Postby gablefan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:49 pm

OK. To the powers that be....Why are the combine results posted in the "college Sports" thread? Technically once the declare/ go to the combine they can;t play according to NCAA rules right? And it is hosted by NFL personnel. Just my thoughts for maybe next year.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:03 pm

Well are any of them actually in the NFL yet?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:31 pm

Because one of the veteran College Thread posters put it there. It's where we talk about college guys. It is not mod related.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:35 pm

i think it was just a decision by the guy who started the thread. the discussion is regarding college athletes. although, i believe either place (college sports or leftovers) would make sense... being in the college forum it might get a little more detailed discussion, and would be less likely to get derailed.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mattb47 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:43 pm

Yea, because if you really think about it. Only those who actually know something about college sports venture into that thread often. It was probably a good call.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:55 pm

Then could it make sense, just for this one case, for there to be two threads of the same topic: one college related and one Pro related? No Matt, they are not in the NFL yet, but they are not in the NCAA anymore either, that is why I asked. I think it may belong in both, but what do you guys think?
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Wizzle » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:08 pm

gablefan wrote:Then could it make sense, just for this one case, for there to be two threads of the same topic: one college related and one Pro related? No Matt, they are not in the NFL yet, but they are not in the NCAA anymore either, that is why I asked. I think it may belong in both, but what do you guys think?

I think it would be a waste of time.
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby CC » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:10 pm

Well they still go to school (most anyways) so they are actually college students.

Plus, us folks that chill in College Sports are better than regular people, thus we can do these kinds of things.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:58 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Plus, us folks that chill in College Sports are better than regular people, thus we can do these kinds of things.

so true.

Anyways, as the guy that started the thread, I made the (right) call.

Think about it this way... by posting in College Sports, only people that actually know anything about college sports will answer. As opposed to people who don't know anything about college sports, and post two word spam posts that serve no purpose. College Sports is a very content-heavy forum, and damn it, I want it kept that way. ;-7 :-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Wizzle » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:59 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Plus, us folks that chill in College Sports are better than regular people, thus we can do these kinds of things.

so true.

Anyways, as the guy that started the thread, I made the (right) call.

Think about it this way... by posting in College Sports, only people that actually know anything about college sports will answer. As opposed to people who don't know anything about college sports, and post two word spam posts that serve no purpose. College Sports is a very content-heavy forum, and damn it, I want it kept that way. ;-7 :-D

four word spam post.
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk