Glover and Shields Released - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Glover and Shields Released

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:50 pm

give Glover the honor of his own thread!

This bites. Apparently, we're looking to re-sign him if we can get him cheaper. Worked when he tried for Coakley, right? Oh yeah...

See you, Glover. I'll still be pimping your jersey though.

And as stated, LJ takes a hit. Not out of the first, or top 6 probably, but a hit nonetheless. I'd like Shields to come to Big D, but God knows he'll have a hefty pricetag.

My guess? Minny or ARI.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:16 pm

Wow, losing Shields should hurt LJ a bit. I'm afraid it will only get worse for him here on out in the next few years as more of those pieces around him continue to fall.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby MadScott » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:52 am

The title should be corrected as there is nothing official yet about Shields. Per KFFL

Chiefs | Shields will play 2006 season
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:02:56 -0800

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs OG Will Shields will play the 2006 season. His agent, Joe Linta, said he will postpone his retirement for one more season. Shields might not play next season with the Chiefs, as he is a candidate to become a salary cap casualty.

He may end up being nixed, but not yet.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:56 am

Free Bagel wrote:Wow, losing Shields should hurt LJ a bit. I'm afraid it will only get worse for him here on out in the next few years as more of those pieces around him continue to fall.

That's my main concern about LJ in a keeper, Shields is just about finished, Roaf doesn't have a lot left in him, Wiegmann is no spring chicken, right tackle has been a problem spot anyways, and while Waters has a lot left in him he is already 29.

We could see his value plummet in a year or two.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:10 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:We could see his value plummet in a year or two.

PLUMMET?

Geez...talk about an overreaction. It's true his numbers could go down, but plummeting? Doubt it.

You don't suddenly go from a #1 fantasy beast to all the way down the RB rankings.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:22 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:

PLUMMET?

Geez...talk about an overreaction. It's true his numbers could go down, but plummeting? Doubt it.

You don't suddenly go from a #1 fantasy beast to all the way down the RB rankings.

Well....with how big everyone seems to be expecting his numbers to be....his numbers could plummet and he would still be a top 5 RB. :-b :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:32 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:

PLUMMET?

I'm not saying 4th round pick man. I think he would be a late 1st/early 2nd pick without that line, I would say that is a pretty big drop from #1-#3 back (depending who you ask).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk