League extends..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

League extends.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:32 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Talks have broken off again. I can't believe this sh*t.

NFL | Talks between NFL and NFLPA break off again
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 12:57:04 -0800

ESPNews reports the NFL and NFLPA have broken off talks once again regarding a new CBA. Union executive director Gene Upshaw is reportedly headed back to Washington and sources have noted the deal is "dead as a doornail."

so much for the sides realizing how babyish theyre both acting.

very nice to see the rich argue about who is richer.

As most of you know, the focal point of these discussions revolves around revenue sharing. High revenue teams (NY, Dallas, DC) would like to have a lower percentage (their ultimatum is 56.2%) of all revenue distributed equally. The small revenue teams (ARI, Jax) would like a high percentage... they want 60%.

So basically, these jerks are potentially ruining America's greatest sport for what... less than a 4 percent difference? And neither side will cave?

I realize that difference is huge, since football is a billion dollar industry, but suck it up. You already have enough money to ensure that your grandkids will never have to work a day in their lives. Can't they just comprimise...

4%, or the death of football. :-t

I'm pretty sure that the 56.2% & 60% doesn't have anything to do with revenue sharing. That's the % of revenue that goes to the salary cap. That's why the cap remains at $94.5 million instead of $105 million. The 4% works out to about $300 million and if you divide that by 32 teams you have the $10 million increase to the salary cap. This argument is between the owners and the players. Revenue sharing is a separate argument between the rich owners and the not so rich owners.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:42 pm

I thought the 4 percent was being argued over between the players and owners. The players want 60% and the owners are only willing to pay 56....this is all just toooo confusing. :~(
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:45 pm

mysticphysh wrote:I thought the 4 percent was being argued over between the players and owners. The players want 60% and the owners are only willing to pay 56....this is all just toooo confusing. :~(

That's what I just posted. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:48 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:I thought the 4 percent was being argued over between the players and owners. The players want 60% and the owners are only willing to pay 56....this is all just toooo confusing. :~(

Oh yeah....I just saw all the numbers at the beginning of your post and my head started hurting...so I stopped reading it. :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:57 pm

mysticphysh wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Oh yeah....I just saw all the numbers at the beginning of your post and my head started hurting...so I stopped reading it. :-b

LOL! :-b

flotsamnjetsam

Previous

Return to Football Talk