Fav Posters MIA? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Fav Posters MIA?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wizzle » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:22 pm

Miked_Up wrote:It’s said that it's hard to understand good teams until you’ve been on both good and bad ones. You can often find frustrated people on good teams and happy people on bad teams: they don’t have enough perspective to see where they are for what it is. Likewise, it's hard to comprehend what a good web site is until you've put up with the bad.

The Cafe is a team. It works so smoothly due to this time mentality. We've got our share of stars from Menyak to King Ghidra to Free Bagel to Arlo to many of our non-posting readers. The magic behind any great success, however, is synergy: being able to look at group goals rather than individual. With the tens of thousands of members we have here, it's near impossible to have both a democracy and perfect team. When I first came to the Cafe (years ago), I admired the community that was established. I was new, yet respected. I had many flaws, but they eventually faded. The trouble with the Cafe now is that we can either remain a democratic community or we can make a stand and enforce policies against spamming, advertising, and immaturity.

I came here seeking fantasy football advice, but I found a community of people who (at least while at the Cafe) treated each as equals. Now, with our growth, we have people like Wizzle spamming posts in an effort to boost his comdeic ego. You have people chiming in with one-word responses to boost their post count (even if they say they aren't... and they probably aren't all the time). The Cafe, in the beginning, was a community. So, my point is that egos are getting out of hand at the Cafe and Wizzle, you are one of the newest and biggest additions to this problem.

If I thought I had a point, I would definetly make a shadow account so I could come in here and piss and whine. What are you afraid of? If you don't like me, whatever. That's your problem. That's why the cafe does this neat little thing called register. This way you can see who is posting it and completely ignore it if that's your perogative.

First, you complain that people have a holier-than-thou attitude when you first come on here.
Miked_Up wrote:It's weird how things are conveyed. It's dumb to think that I can be here during the day and post BS all I want and people will respond positively because of my post count, but I sign in under Miked_Up and my posts get no responses unless I make a fool of myself. For the record... I love boobs. No MTR here.

Then a day or so goes by and you have a totally different view because you're not who you say you are. Did you think you would get more reponses by giving clues about who you are? Take out those little tidbits and I guarantee you people still jerk you around.

Basically, grow up and use your real name before you go around calling other people immature.
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:38 pm

Once again...please do this through PM's. If you have further problems with a poster, contact a moderator or admin.

If this continues, the thread will be locked. :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:41 am

me :-/
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:43 am

I'm not here as much...I really miss me.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:41 pm

I miss you too BH
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:50 pm

kashikis wrote:me :-/

Nice to see you around, kash! ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am

Some people have been banned too, that's why they are MIA (e.g. King Ghidra).
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:43 am

kashikis wrote:me :-/

hiding in plain sight, I see... }:-)

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtryanks12 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:43 am

hey guys-

ive been gone forever and finally foudn this sick proxy server that can get me into here again. and i got through the filter but then my parents caught me jacking off to \"innapropriate things\" and they foudn out I got into it. I wont be here much or post because I\'m so busy, but i may be reading a little bit. and no, miked up wasnt me although i could have said those words if i was at another comp

peace
mark
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Nilmerf » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:52 am

Too much information! Sometimes I wonder if mtryanks is a gimmick.
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk