Indy - Thinking D 2 years running! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Indy - Thinking D 2 years running!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Indy - Thinking D 2 years running!

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:29 am

The Indianapolis Colts offered Pro Bowl linebacker Cato June and sack leader Robert Mathis one-year tenders in an effort to keep the core of their improved defense intact next season.


http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/IND/9279396
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:42 pm

This isn't really "thinking D." This is "keeping your better players.

If they were thinking D, they'd go out and get some big name FAs. Peterson, for example. But they don't have the wallet for it.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:22 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:This isn't really "thinking D." This is "keeping your better players.

If they were thinking D, they'd go out and get some big name FAs. Peterson, for example. But they don't have the wallet for it.


Sure its thinking D...well, as much as they can think D. If they weren't thinking D, they would have let those 2 go in favor of signing Edge. :-b
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:30 pm

has anyone heard anything about dwight freeney??? i thought he was a free agent. did they resign him early, or is he even a free agent???
Image
Image
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 11906
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:23 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:has anyone heard anything about dwight freeney??? i thought he was a free agent. did they resign him early, or is he even a free agent???


FA next year.

Now if they're thinking D next year, they'll find a way to get him an extension this season. I assume they will.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby CC » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:04 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:has anyone heard anything about dwight freeney??? i thought he was a free agent. did they resign him early, or is he even a free agent???


FA next year.

Now if they're thinking D next year, they'll find a way to get him an extension this season. I assume they will.


A player like Freeney will never hit the FA market.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:21 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:has anyone heard anything about dwight freeney??? i thought he was a free agent. did they resign him early, or is he even a free agent???


FA next year.

Now if they're thinking D next year, they'll find a way to get him an extension this season. I assume they will.


A player like Freeney will never hit the FA market.


then he'd get franchised and traded. it's not exactly as if the Colts were rolling in the dough after Marvin, Peyton and Reg all have a billion fafillion jarillion dollars in contracts already. Especially with the league's arbitration ruling.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:00 pm

The Colt's would franchise Freeney for so long if they had to, that he would turn into Charles Woodson.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 3:28 hours
(and 45 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact