Culpepper raises race issue in boat party charges - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Culpepper raises race issue in boat party charges

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wizzle » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:17 pm

mysticphysh wrote:Ahhh...the old "But, he did it too" criminal defense. Works every time. ;-7

I remember thinking stuff like this would work...

In like 4th grade.
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:40 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
Slingblade wrote:Always using the race card...

"Hi, I'm black. I don't like to fess up to anything I do so I'm throwing the race card out there."

Say's the white guy who has never been discriminated against :-?

Yeah, white people NEVER get discriminated against ;-7
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:44 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:

"Hi, I'm black. I don't like to fess up to anything I do so I'm throwing the race card out there."

I think you may have missed my point. I'm sure there are a few white people out there that have been discrminated against at some point but I think it is safe to say that black people are discriminated against on a daily basis.

I have seen first hand how some of my friends who are black have been treated in certain situations based soley on their skin color.

I don't know how they handle it to be honest. I asked them how they just let it slide because I would be livid if it happened to me.

They just say it happens all the time and they are used to it.

Look at the evening news. All you see reported is the crime and violence in the inner cities.

All of the crime in the suburbs goes unreported. It's not as sexy to show a woman with a black eye after getting her *ss kicked by her husband as it is to show some dead black kids laying the street.

I was an MP in the military and there are 4 guys who I served with that are now police officers and they told me on more than one occasion their views on black people and how they couldn't wait to get out there and get in the mix so to speak.

I know most of you guys don't want to hear this stuff and will probably blast me. I'm just saying that discrimination based on skin color happens all the time.

If you are white and only hang around white people you will never see it first hand. It is not a pretty sight to see a true friend discriminated against.

Let the crushing of my post commence :-)
Last edited by Keyser_WV on Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:55 pm

I agree that black people get discriminated against more than white people, but white people do get discriminated against.

From Andy Rooney on 60 Minutes:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:58 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:

Hehe..never. Just let me try to get into Dartmouth. And when I don't, it won't be because of my intelligence (I have a 3.7 something GPA in my current college). ;-7 ;-7 ;-7
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:23 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I agree that black people get discriminated against more than white people, but white people do get discriminated against.

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

This is one of the worst arguments ever. I can't believe you quoted Andy Rooney :-)

There already is White entertainment television. It's called ABC, NBC, CBS.

Look at the shows. 95% white people. If all these shows had 95% black people you would want a channel that had shows where people look like you too. Do you watch the WB? Probably not, right?

Wow, this just shows how much further we have to go. We are saying it is a bad thing for a certain race of people to have magazines and TV shows that show mostly people of their own skin color.

You guys are so used to having everything catered to white people that it bothers you when minorities create something for their own people.

United caucasion college fund?? Can you say missing the point??

White people ALREADY get the benefit of the doubt. There is no need for a caucasion anything.

And for the white guys that say they can't get into a certain college because a black person gets their spot all I can say is how does it feel?

That's how black people have felt for the last 100 years.

Ugh, I can't believe how lilly white the cafe is.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Wizzle » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:31 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I agree that black people get discriminated against more than white people, but white people do get discriminated against.

This is one of the worst arguments ever. I can't believe you quoted Andy Rooney :-)

Look at the shows. 95% white people. If all these shows had 95% black people you would want a channel that had shows where people look like you too. Do you watch the WB? Probably not, right?

Wow, this just shows how much further we have to go. We are saying it is a bad thing for a certain race of people to have magazines and TV shows that show mostly people of their own skin color.

You guys are so used to having everything catered to white people that it bothers you when minorities create something for their own people.

White people ALREADY get the benefit of the doubt. There is no need for a caucasion anything.

And for the white guys that say they can't get into a certain college because a black person gets their spot all I can say is how does it feel?

Way to follow up 'one of the worst arguments ever' with one of the worst arguments ever.
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:33 pm

Wizzle wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:

Way to follow up 'one of the worst arguments ever' with one of the worst arguments ever.

Because this was a well thought out statement :-?
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:34 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:

You're missing my point. All I said was that white people do get discriminated against sometimes. That was in response to the post saying that white people never get discriminated against.

As I stated, I agree 100% that black people get discriminated against way more than white people.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:48 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:

You're missing my point. All I said was that white people do get discriminated against sometimes. That was in response to the post saying that white people never get discriminated against.

As I stated, I agree 100% that black people get discriminated against way more than white people.

Oh, sorry man. I did say in one of my posts that I know in some cases white's are discriminated against.

I am pretty much done with this thread. I made my opinions on the subject and will have to agree to disagree.

I don't think I have ever been in a thread that has been locked. No need to start now. :-)
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk