Culpepper raises race issue in boat party charges - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Culpepper raises race issue in boat party charges

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Wizzle » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:14 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
Wizzle wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I agree that black people get discriminated against more than white people, but white people do get discriminated against.

From Andy Rooney on 60 Minutes:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.


This is one of the worst arguments ever. I can't believe you quoted Andy Rooney :-)

There already is White entertainment television. It's called ABC, NBC, CBS.

Look at the shows. 95% white people. If all these shows had 95% black people you would want a channel that had shows where people look like you too. Do you watch the WB? Probably not, right?

Wow, this just shows how much further we have to go. We are saying it is a bad thing for a certain race of people to have magazines and TV shows that show mostly people of their own skin color.

You guys are so used to having everything catered to white people that it bothers you when minorities create something for their own people.

United caucasion college fund?? Can you say missing the point??

White people ALREADY get the benefit of the doubt. There is no need for a caucasion anything.

And for the white guys that say they can't get into a certain college because a black person gets their spot all I can say is how does it feel?

That's how black people have felt for the last 100 years.

Ugh, I can't believe how lilly white the cafe is.


Way to follow up 'one of the worst arguments ever' with one of the worst arguments ever.


Because this was a well thought out statement :-?


Ok, how about this; Your argument is flawed trash, and if you can't see why already then neither myself nor someone else will ever be able to explain it to you? Is that better?
Image
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1452
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Certified Genius.

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:22 pm

Wizzle wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
Wizzle wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I agree that black people get discriminated against more than white people, but white people do get discriminated against.

From Andy Rooney on 60 Minutes:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.


This is one of the worst arguments ever. I can't believe you quoted Andy Rooney :-)

There already is White entertainment television. It's called ABC, NBC, CBS.

Look at the shows. 95% white people. If all these shows had 95% black people you would want a channel that had shows where people look like you too. Do you watch the WB? Probably not, right?

Wow, this just shows how much further we have to go. We are saying it is a bad thing for a certain race of people to have magazines and TV shows that show mostly people of their own skin color.

You guys are so used to having everything catered to white people that it bothers you when minorities create something for their own people.

United caucasion college fund?? Can you say missing the point??

White people ALREADY get the benefit of the doubt. There is no need for a caucasion anything.

And for the white guys that say they can't get into a certain college because a black person gets their spot all I can say is how does it feel?

That's how black people have felt for the last 100 years.

Ugh, I can't believe how lilly white the cafe is.


Way to follow up 'one of the worst arguments ever' with one of the worst arguments ever.


Because this was a well thought out statement :-?


Ok, how about this; Your argument is flawed trash, and if you can't see why already then neither myself nor someone else will ever be able to explain it to you? Is that better?


Yes, Quality Post as always Whizzinator ;-D
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 907
Joined: 4 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bushkill, PA

Postby Wizzle » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:28 pm

Keyser_WV wrote:
Wizzle wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
Wizzle wrote:
Keyser_WV wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I agree that black people get discriminated against more than white people, but white people do get discriminated against.

From Andy Rooney on 60 Minutes:

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.


This is one of the worst arguments ever. I can't believe you quoted Andy Rooney :-)

There already is White entertainment television. It's called ABC, NBC, CBS.

Look at the shows. 95% white people. If all these shows had 95% black people you would want a channel that had shows where people look like you too. Do you watch the WB? Probably not, right?

Wow, this just shows how much further we have to go. We are saying it is a bad thing for a certain race of people to have magazines and TV shows that show mostly people of their own skin color.

You guys are so used to having everything catered to white people that it bothers you when minorities create something for their own people.

United caucasion college fund?? Can you say missing the point??

White people ALREADY get the benefit of the doubt. There is no need for a caucasion anything.

And for the white guys that say they can't get into a certain college because a black person gets their spot all I can say is how does it feel?

That's how black people have felt for the last 100 years.

Ugh, I can't believe how lilly white the cafe is.


Way to follow up 'one of the worst arguments ever' with one of the worst arguments ever.


Because this was a well thought out statement :-?


Ok, how about this; Your argument is flawed trash, and if you can't see why already then neither myself nor someone else will ever be able to explain it to you? Is that better?


Yes, Quality Post as always Whizzinator ;-D


I said all I really wanted to say, people are too sensitive about race. Rather than start a pissing match, I'm going to stop before I start. :-°
Image
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1452
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Certified Genius.

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:00 pm

Keyser, I agree with you for the most part. But there are a few things you are missing.

* You have no idea about Daunte's "rap sheet."
* You have no idea how "lilly white" the Cafe is.

Just one example of the other kind of racism. Back when I played Pop Warner football, my mostly "lilly white" neighborhood didn't have a team yet, so we went down to a less lilly white area to play. It was roughly 50% black guys, 50% latino guys, and 6 of us white kids. Don't get me wrong... a lot of those guys were cool, but I'll be damned if I didn't get my ass kicked all the time. Why? Cause I was a white guy.

After that point, once my "lilly white" neighborhood got our own team, if we played any inner-city team (besides the fact that we'd lose by a huge margin :-b ) we'd be under a barrage of racial slurs from black guys and Mexican guys.

Not to say I don't like black guys or latino guys... I try to stay away from classifying people by race as much as possible. But c'mon... racism is a two-way street.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby Keyser_WV » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:13 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Keyser, I agree with you for the most part. But there are a few things you are missing.

* You have no idea about Daunte's "rap sheet."
* You have no idea how "lilly white" the Cafe is.

Just one example of the other kind of racism. Back when I played Pop Warner football, my mostly "lilly white" neighborhood didn't have a team yet, so we went down to a less lilly white area to play. It was roughly 50% black guys, 50% latino guys, and 6 of us white kids. Don't get me wrong... a lot of those guys were cool, but I'll be damned if I didn't get my ass kicked all the time. Why? Cause I was a white guy.

After that point, once my "lilly white" neighborhood got our own team, if we played any inner-city team (besides the fact that we'd lose by a huge margin :-b ) we'd be under a barrage of racial slurs from black guys and Mexican guys.

Not to say I don't like black guys or latino guys... I try to stay away from classifying people by race as much as possible. But c'mon... racism is a two-way street.


Yea, I was a little frustrated when I said the lilly white comment and I was assuming Daunte's rap sheet is clean. He seems like a pretty straight up guy from the stories I have read about him.

I do agree it is a two way street and I can totally understand based on your story.

I was just trying to point out that the white's tend to be on the better side of the two way street most of the time.

I just don't understand why any time a black guy plays the race card everyone gets so up in arms about it.

Good post though cowboysfan. Thanks for making a good point as opposed to just bashing me.

I do apologize to the Cafe about the Lilly White comment .
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 907
Joined: 4 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bushkill, PA

Postby proKrastinate » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:52 am

Racism will forever be a touchy subject. I am white, though I have been descriminated against before because of it. I've been told to remove myself from a particular store based on my color. Given that, the comment about "100 years" doesn't influence me at all. The only way I can make right what happened a 100 years ago is to be perfectly neutral now and not bend in either direction because of the past. The old saying two wrongs don't make a right is the picture I'm trying to paint. How can you fix discrimination with more discrimination? This was a soft point made earlier and probably doesn't deserve as much recognition.

A man I work with doubles at a pastor on sundays. He's one of the whitest men I know, and preaches at a black church. I am quite proud of him given our location. We face comments everyday regarding race and he informed me of what Cpep had mentioned. We didn't discuss whether or not Daunte was playing the race card nor that everyone else should face the same penalty. What we were both concerned about is this...
--if CPep's comments ring true (and we cannot tell because the only ones who will even know the truth are those that were there) then how much do you think this happens everyday? Given the high profile of accused you would have to imagine that their voice would be openly available on the subject. If they even slightly get wind of their fellow white counterparts not being charged they could take it to the media faster than anyone.
So again, if Cpep's accusations are indeed correct, it kind of saddens me to think of how much this might actually happen in everyday society. If such a big story can have such a foul scheme, what about the everyday joe's?

As for television shows featuring white programs I cannot comment. Since they aren't labeled CaucTV or anything readily identifiable I don't place an emphasis on what that station represents. In all honesty, I couldn't tell you what station any show broadcasts from. However, is it bad to have either? Perhaps get rid of stations broadcasting just one or the other, but shows featuring just one or the other I believe is healthy. We cannot deny the fact that we are different. Different things entertain us ( us = all people). Very often those things cross the racial boundaries and sometimes not. Some shows tackle what others cannot based on the race of their main characters. It can be a reminder that although things have changed there is still work that must be done. We will never abolish discrimination. In 100 years color may make as little a difference as how you like your eggs. Unfortunately, there will be something else for people to look upon.

We are all ignorant because we will never know exactly what the other side feels like. We will never know truely what someone feels when descrimination slaps them in the face. I just hope that I didn't offend anyone here. I would also like to point out that I am in reality black. Does that make a difference on how you read my post? Should it?

I started writing this with intentions of a paragraph at the most. At finish I have debated not even posting it. Perhaps I shouldn't because it will only generate more discussion of the topic, and this isn't the place. Football is football regardless of who you are. Lets just enjoy football ;-D
Image
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 889
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Keyser_WV » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:43 am

Nice post proKrastinate.

In retrospect I wish I would have remained more calm in some of my replies.

I agree with what you said and I don't see how it would offend anyone (other than the fact you are a SF fan 8-o ).

I guess I get so fired up because of the way some of my really good friends get treated but as you say race is a touchy subject and should probably be left out of the football forums.

I apologize to Wizzle and anyone else I may have offended.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 907
Joined: 4 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bushkill, PA

Postby Wizzle » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:46 am

Keyser_WV wrote:Nice post proKrastinate.

In retrospect I wish I would have remained more calm in some of my replies.

I agree with what you said and I don't see how it would offend anyone (other than the fact you are a SF fan 8-o ).

I guess I get so fired up because of the way some of my really good friends get treated but as you say race is a touchy subject and should probably be left out of the football forums.

I apologize to Wizzle and anyone else I may have offended.


It's all good, some of your statements just seemed to be a little strong and off-base. But that's going to happen no matter what when race is involved and people have different opinions. I'm sure you would think the same about my comments if you heard everything I though about the race issue. ;-D

I apologize too if I offended you.
Image
The League of Extraordinary QBs
Wizzle
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 1452
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Certified Genius.

Postby Goatwhacker » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:04 am

proKrastinate wrote:Racism will forever be a touchy subject.

(snipped)

Football is football regardless of who you are. Lets just enjoy football ;-D


ProK - excellent post, probably one of the best posts on race that I've read. A couple of comments...

Whether you (ProK) are black or white should not make a difference, the value of your words and ideas should be judged on their merit, not on your skin color. This is one reason the concept of scholarships, etc confined to members of one race bothers a lot of people - people should be judged on their words and deeds, not color. I know all the arguments about righting past wrongs and they have a point, but a lot of people have trouble with the concept of making new mistakes to correct old mistakes.

While racism exists, blacks when accused have a card they can play that whites can not. To me it looks like that card is played more times than it should be, and that the result of that is guilty people sometimes are being found innocent.

On Culpepper, I have to decide whether to believe the prosecutors or C-Pep's lawyers. Since trial lawyers will say anything and push their grandmother down a flight of stairs if it means winning, I'm inclined to believe the prosecutors.

I think Culpepper is lucky he wasn't charged with anything more than lewdness and public indecency. It seems pretty clear more laws were broken than just that - flying in hookers for instance. Somebody arranged and paid for that, they should be charged. (by the way I personally think prostitution should be legal).

If I understand the article right, in order to be charged with lewdness and public indecency, you have to be witnessed by someone who is not a participant. The white guys were not participating in sex acts out in front of the crew like C-Pep and Moe were, they were in private. So maybe that's a fine point but it looks like they can't charge the white guys with the same crimes, the case would be tossed out.

Finally I find it hard to believe the charges on C-Pep and Moe were racially motivated since in every big city I've lived in pro athletes get a pass by the police regardless of their color. No charges would have been filed unless the cops had solid evidence, which it looks like they do.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3010
Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Flyover Country

Postby UTLonghorns » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:23 am

Its a good point, IMO. Anybody who was on the boat, should be in trouble.
Image
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter
Posts: 1791
Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Hicktown Maryland

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:52 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact