Virtual GM Fantasy Cafe League- FULL - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Virtual GM Fantasy Cafe League- FULL

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:05 pm

Nice we managed to get 14 teams. ;-D

This should be very interesting. Plus another chance at beating J2, gotta love it ;-D

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:31 pm

I'll be happy to take any...

1) Lineup

OR

2) Scoring system

...suggestions you all might have. Feel free to post them here.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby merc » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:36 pm

I am sure it must have been mentioned somewhere... but when are we thinking of starting the FA Blitz?

As for starting positions... how about 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 3Utility(RB/WR/QB/TE), 1TE, 1K, 1D/ST? Of course, including QBs in the FLex position will be dependent on our scoring being fairly equivalent between the positions.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:41 pm

merc wrote:I am sure it must have been mentioned somewhere... but when are we thinking of starting the FA Blitz?

The Start and End date will be voted on. It will definetly be after the draft since there is no Rookie Draft prior to the first season.

It will probably last a month or two.

merc wrote: how about 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 3Utility(RB/WR/QB/TE), 1TE, 1K, 1D/ST?

I think that lineup is very interesting. I like it a lot, Different. And with 14 teams, flexs of some kind of another will probably be necessary.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:22 pm

With 14 teams a flex QB isnt the greatest idea IMO.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby merc » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:03 pm

With 14 teams a flex QB isnt the greatest idea IMO.
I didn't mean to inply that anyone had to use a QB as one of their flex positions, just that if someone wanted to start Warner at a flex along with a RB and a WR, and Brady at their QB, while someone else started Hasslebeck at QB and 2 RBs and a WR at a flex, they could.

Seems that allowing more positions to fill the flex actually is a better idea with more teams than with less as it opens up the possibilities for everyone and doesn't just restrict getting points at your flex from teams who whored the RBs? Or am I missing something?

MSB, why with 14 teams isn't it a good idea to allow folks to use a QB at a flex if they want? Please explain....
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:29 pm

I'm on the fence when it comes to being able to use QB's in the flex position. Like merc said, we'd have to have a scoring system that made QB's, RB's, & WR's as equal as possible when it comes to fantasy points per game.

Last week I actually worked on a scoring system for that exact purpose. I used last years stats (based on yards per game) and took the top 18-20 at each position. For QB's I used passing & rushing stats. For RB's & WR's I used rushing & receiving stats. Then I plugged in different scoring systems to see which one made QB's, RB's, & WR's as equal as possible when it came to fantasy points per game. Here what I came up with:

1 point every 10 yards rushing & receiving
6 points every TD rushing & receiving
1 point per reception

1 point every 20 yards passing
4 points every TD passing
-2 points every INT

I didn't account for fumbles with these stats and I didn't figure in TE's because there are so few that are able to put up big #'s.

The "1 point per reception" was needed to bring up the WR's #'s to be equal to the RB's #'s.

With this scoring system the top 20 RB's & WR's had very similar fantasy points per game throughout. The elite QB's were worth a little less than the elite RB's & WR's, but the 2nd & 3rd tier QB's were very similar to the 2nd & 3rd tier RB's & WR's.

I know this post is a little long, but I found the number crunching I did last week pertinent.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:35 pm

It really would depend on the scoring and it would have to be wegithed towards every other position other then QB. 14 teams and possbly 2 qbs to a team theres 28 qbs right there without bye weeks. IF scoring were equal QBs would dominate the league. 2QB rosters are cool for 8-10 team leagues IMO.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby chaindog35 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:36 pm

should be interesting to see this come to fruition. i'll be watching this closely.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:51 am

mutantseabass wrote:Nice we managed to get 14 teams. ;-D

This should be very interesting. Plus another chance at beating J2, gotta love it ;-D

You need all the help and chances you can get to beat me }:-)

14 teams should a be solid solid league. I'm liking this a lot.

As for the lineup, I agree that we don't have a flex position. Way too many teams for that
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Classifieds