Garcia Likely To The Eagles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Garcia Likely To The Eagles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Garcia Likely To The Eagles

Postby VaderFin » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:49 am

From ESPN:

<Mar. 6> According to Comcast SportsNet and the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Eagles plan to sign Garcia to back up starting QB Donovan McNabb.
Before one-year stints in Cleveland and Detroit, Garcia spent five years as a starter for the 49ers. The 36-year-old Garcia would replace Mike McMahon as the Eagles' No. 2 QB.

I know Lions fans will be devestated. ;-7

For the Eagles, not a bad guy to have as your backup.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:56 am

I'd be very happy to have Jeff Garcia as my backup. He's the perfect mix of veteran leadership and still having some skill to be an NFL backup at this point in his career. Def one of the top 5 or 10 backups in my mind.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Atog » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:09 am

Somebody actually wants him? I could run an NFL offense better than him.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:11 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:I'd be very happy to have Jeff Garcia as my backup. He's the perfect mix of veteran leadership and still having some skill to be an NFL backup at this point in his career. Def one of the top 5 or 10 backups in my mind.

did none of you see him play last two years? stick a fork in him...although, all he'd have to do on the Eagles is throw 5 yard screens to Westy so maybe he'll be OK
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:15 am

shame TO wont be there to welcome him to the team. that would be quite entertaining.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:18 am

no matter what anyone says or thinks, hes a much better backup than koy detmer
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:49 am

He's one of the better backups you could hope to get to a guy like McNabb. As usual, the Eagles make a nice signing.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:49 am

The only thing that would make this a good signing is pure unadulterated Lions luck. They cut a guy who goes elsewhere and plays well.

But I don't see that happening. What I do see is a silly signing by the Iggles. I don't know what they are thinking there. The guy has no arm strength left. None. And his mobility only serves to put him in the open where he can get crushed by hungry defenders.

But that isn't the most puzzling thing about this to me. What I don't get is why they would choose, once again, to invite another problem child into their unstable lockerroom. What TO wasn't enough? What do they think will be the reaction when Garcia starts singing like a canary about how some players have to try harder or don't practice well. Remember this guy was universally hated in Cleveland, had never met a mic he didn't want to suck up to. In Detroit he was constantly talking about how his teammates wheren't taking their jobs seriously enough, took poor approaches in practice, all the while not performing anywhere close to an NFL level.

Good luck with that Iggles. And try to remember when signaling out Garthia as the reason for this year's turmoil, that it is by Reid's invitation.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:45 pm

It's funny that its all Lions fans who are ragging on Garcia.

I agree with everyone else. He's a great backup for McNabb and shouldn't have any problems filling in (if needed) on a good team, not the crap teams he's been with since leaving SF.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:24 pm

Atog wrote:Somebody actually wants him? I could run an NFL offense better than him.

Garcia > McMahon.

Sad, but true. As an Eagles fan I could care less about improving the backup QB, because if McNabb goes down, the season is over. Its like that with just about every Pro Bowl caliber QB and their team.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk