Garcia Likely To The Eagles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Garcia Likely To The Eagles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:06 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:Looks like Garcia has been signed:

Eagles | Garcia agrees to deal
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:31:23 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles and free agent QB Jeff Garcia (Lions) have agreed in principle to a deal. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.



Sorry about that.
Image

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11757
Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Motor City

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:15 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:hes a good backup qb, and the eagles showed last year that they need one desperately. which one will be released???


McMahon. Detmer's been the placeholder for years and he plays for peanuts.

I tend to disagree, but only due to recent developments. Aaron Schobel, TE from the Bengals is now with the Eagles, and he did the holding for the Bengals if I'm not mistaken. I think this points to Detmer being released.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5057
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At the Mafia Cafe

Postby Steve_L » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:00 pm

Great signing for the Eagles. They just need to make some moves to add some talent to the starting lineup.
Image
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 824
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Slingblade » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:05 pm

Well, Philly just got gayer.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3174
Joined: 23 Sep 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:16 pm

Steve_L wrote:Great signing for the Eagles. They just need to make some moves to add some talent to the starting lineup.


Ok you have me interested. How is this a great signing by the Eagles? :-?
Image

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11757
Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Motor City

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:20 pm

Slingblade wrote:Well, Philly just got gayer.


Well, Garthia will certainly enjoy some form of brotherly love then, no?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Steve_L » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:37 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Steve_L wrote:Great signing for the Eagles. They just need to make some moves to add some talent to the starting lineup.


Ok you have me interested. How is this a great signing by the Eagles? :-?

Because they add a veteran back up to the squad so if McNabb gets injured they have someone who can fill in and do a decent job. Garcia is a huge upgrade over McMahon.
Image
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 824
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:45 pm

maddog60 wrote:
Slingblade wrote:Well, Philly just got gayer.


Well, Garthia will certainly enjoy some form of brotherly love then, no?


That i will give you. :-b


Steve_L wrote:Because they add a veteran back up to the squad so if McNabb gets injured they have someone who can fill in and do a decent job. Garcia is a huge upgrade over McMahon.


That is not saying much, although at least McMahon can still run. Garcia was done 3 years ago.
Image

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11757
Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Motor City

Postby Steve_L » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:48 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
Slingblade wrote:Well, Philly just got gayer.


Well, Garthia will certainly enjoy some form of brotherly love then, no?


That i will give you. :-b


Steve_L wrote:Because they add a veteran back up to the squad so if McNabb gets injured they have someone who can fill in and do a decent job. Garcia is a huge upgrade over McMahon.


That is not saying much, although at least McMahon can still run. Garcia was done 3 years ago.

Garcia can't run? McMahon runs way too much anyways. If Garcia is an upgrade over McMahon I don't understand how that's not a good signing. :-?
Image
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 824
Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:52 pm

Steve_L wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
Slingblade wrote:Well, Philly just got gayer.


Well, Garthia will certainly enjoy some form of brotherly love then, no?


That i will give you. :-b


Steve_L wrote:Because they add a veteran back up to the squad so if McNabb gets injured they have someone who can fill in and do a decent job. Garcia is a huge upgrade over McMahon.


That is not saying much, although at least McMahon can still run. Garcia was done 3 years ago.

Garcia can't run? McMahon runs way too much anyways. If Garcia is an upgrade over McMahon I don't understand how that's not a good signing. :-?


The Lions let them both go i will leave it at that. :-b
Image

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11757
Joined: 23 Aug 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Motor City

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 6:05 hours
(and 38 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact