Return to Football Talk

Garcia Likely To The Eagles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Steve_L » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:57 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Steve_L wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
Slingblade wrote:Well, Philly just got gayer.

Well, Garthia will certainly enjoy some form of brotherly love then, no?

That i will give you. :-b

Steve_L wrote:Because they add a veteran back up to the squad so if McNabb gets injured they have someone who can fill in and do a decent job. Garcia is a huge upgrade over McMahon.

That is not saying much, although at least McMahon can still run. Garcia was done 3 years ago.

Garcia can't run? McMahon runs way too much anyways. If Garcia is an upgrade over McMahon I don't understand how that's not a good signing. :-?

The Lions let them both go i will leave it at that. :-b

Haha. You win.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:35 pm

as if the lions were some premier judge of talent or something ... I think I'll rely on the the Eagles judgment--they have made the playoffs in the past 10 years and all.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:45 am

The Lions have proven to be terrible judges of talent. And they chose Garcia. How did the last Lions' back-up work for you? Garcia is a little better, but fans in Detroit and Cleveland will tell you the same thing: this guy has no arm left. None. Can't throw medium range passes, let alone deep.

Not that it matters, if McNabb gets hurt your season is over. You won't find a back-up that comes close to matching what he means to the team.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:08 am

moochman wrote:Garcia is a little better, but fans in Detroit and Cleveland will tell you the same thing: this guy has no arm left. None. Can't throw medium range passes, let alone deep.

He's definitely not the couple-time Pro-Bowler he was, but he'll be more than adequate as a backup in the West Coast Offense.

If you want to see a weak arm, see Koy Detmer. The dude has about 8" biceps and has trouble reaching his receiver when warming up on the sidelines.

moochman wrote:Not that it matters, if McNabb gets hurt your season is over. You won't find a back-up that comes close to matching what he means to the team.

Same for about every team though. There's only a handful of teams in the league with starter-capable backups (SD last year, Atlanta maybe [I like Schaub], Tampa Bay, Tennessee, and maybe Jacksonville).
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:10 am

actually I am hoping garcia is number threee, and the eagles bring in broooks. Aaron seems like the kind of guy if the eagles were cruising for a top seed, and dmac went down, he could at least hold on for a wild card.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:44 pm

eaglesrule wrote:actually I am hoping garcia is number threee, and the eagles bring in broooks. Aaron seems like the kind of guy if the eagles were cruising for a top seed, and dmac went down, he could at least hold on for a wild card.

Brooks could actually do well in the Iggles system. I don't know that he would want to be a back up though.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby maddog60 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:49 pm

moochman wrote:Not that it matters, if McNabb gets hurt your season is over. You won't find a back-up that comes close to matching what he means to the team.

That's the curse of just about every team with a quality starter though. I personally think if you have McNabb, Brady, Manning, Palmer, etc, its worthless to spend more than you absolutely must on a backup, because they won't matter, but for some reason NFL coaches are still fixated on it...
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:29 pm

skibrett15 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:hes a good backup qb, and the eagles showed last year that they need one desperately. which one will be released???

McMahon. Detmer's been the placeholder for years and he plays for peanuts.

I tend to disagree, but only due to recent developments. Aaron Schobel, TE from the Bengals is now with the Eagles, and he did the holding for the Bengals if I'm not mistaken. I think this points to Detmer being released.

To the 3 people in this thread who told me that Detmer would be released and McMahon would stay...here you go:

Eagles | McMahon released
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 11:16:56 -0800

The Philadelphia Eagles have announced the release of QB Mike McMahon.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JStein » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:12 pm

McNabb is their man. Considering last year's Andy Reid playbook for the first-half of the season, only someone with a pro-bowl calibur arm like McNabb can bring the team any hope.
JStein
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:30 pm

people forget the football stylings of a one AJ Feely so quickly...

The FA played that one right, Feely wins a number of games down the stretch, then they trade the guy for a second rounder, who ends up becoming Reggie Brown.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk