League Rules & Settings (& Rules Discussion) *Updated 2012* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous

League Rules & Settings (& Rules Discussion) *Updated 2012*

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, Santacruzer, Football Moderators

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:46 pm

Right now we have 2 very close polls still running. When Matt gets back he'll be the last vote in one poll (Trades: Pass/Veto). Matt & moonhead will decide the other poll (Kicker scoring).

So far we haven't needed polls for a lot of our other issues because they were decided unanimously in the discussion threads. I think it's great that we're all on the same page.

I just put up a waiver system discussion thread & the exact draft date discussion thread is still being debated.

This is going to be a very fun/competitive league! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:57 pm

Has all the scoring been finalized? Is what's listed in the very first post of this thread the correct scoring?

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:30 pm

The_Captain wrote:Has all the scoring been finalized? Is what's listed in the very first post of this thread the correct scoring?

Yes sir! ;-D

I think we have everything set. The only discussion going on is about MSB's suggestion about penalizing a person who doesn't PM the next person in the draft (in the "are we forgetting anything" thread).

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Captain » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:28 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
The_Captain wrote:Has all the scoring been finalized? Is what's listed in the very first post of this thread the correct scoring?

Yes sir! ;-D

I think we have everything set. The only discussion going on is about MSB's suggestion about penalizing a person who doesn't PM the next person in the draft (in the "are we forgetting anything" thread).

Sweet, I've got to start working on my stat tracking sheet for this league now....

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:40 pm

The_Captain wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Yes sir! ;-D

Sweet, I've got to start working on my stat tracking sheet for this league now....

Exactly what kind of sheet do you make?

flotsamnjetsam

Postby The_Captain » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:19 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Yes sir! ;-D

Exactly what kind of sheet do you make?

PM me your email address and I'll send you an example of what I did the for SMDL league. I'm also doing one for another league too.

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby The_Captain » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:56 pm

Just another quick question - since this is a redraft league, are we gonna come up with team names now or after you create the league on yahoo?

The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:17 pm

The_Captain wrote:Just another quick question - since this is a redraft league, are we gonna come up with team names now or after you create the league on yahoo?

I don't see why we can't come up with them now. I'll make a 'team rosters' thread. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Re: League Rules & Settings (& Rules Discussion)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:50 am

I haven't updated the rules & settings on the 1st page so I'm going to do that here. ;-D

**UPDATED FOR 2008**

Welcome to the Cafeholics Anonymous Redraft League.

I will continue to update this as the rest of the rules & settings are decided.

10 team redraft league

League hosted on fleaflicker **UPDATED**

LINEUPS
2QB
2RB
4WR
2TE
1D/ST

8 man bench

OFFENSIVE SCORING
1 point every 20 yards passing
1 point every 10 yards rushing & receiving
6 points TD rushing & receiving
1 point per reception
4 points TD passing
-2 points INT
-2 points fumbles lost
2 points every 2 point conversion

KICKER SCORING
0-49 FG = 3 points
50+ FG = 5 points
0-29 missed FG = -1 point
PAT = 1 point
missed PAT = -1 points

DEFENSIVE/SPECIAL TEAMS SCORING
Sack = 1 point
INT = 2 points
FR = 2 points
Blocked Kick = 3 points
Safety = 4 points
TD = 6 points

0 points against (PA) = 10 points
1-6 PA = 6 points
7-13 PA = 4 points
14-20 PA = 2 points
21-27 PA = 0 points
28-34 PA = -2 points
35+ PA = -4 points

FRACTIONAL POINTS: Yes

NEGATIVE POINTS: Yes

DRAFT
The draft will be a slow draft, here at the cafe, held in July. This will be an 20 round serpentine-style draft in which order will be determined randomly. Trading of picks and players is allowed. If an owner ends up with more than 20 picks, he loses all draft picks he still has after his 20th roster spot is filled. If an owner ends up with less than 20 picks, he will fill his roster from the WW after the draft is over. If more than one owner ends up with less than 20 picks, the WW order will be the same as the draft order for each WW round.

The draft starts on Sunday, July 2nd at Noon (EST), with no time limit on picks until the following Sunday due to the holiday. (This way we can at least get the draft started early to make sure we finish before August)

Time limit enforced starting Sunday, July 9th at Noon (EST)

12 Hour time limit for picks.

The 8 hour period between Midnight & 8AM (EST) doesn't count towards the 12 hour time limit.

24 hour time limit for picks. **UPDATED**

WAIVERS
We will have a waiver priority system. The initial priority order will be the reverse of the draft order. When a player is dropped from a team he gets put on waivers for 24 hours. If more than 1 owner puts in a claim for a player on waivers, the owner with the highest waiver priority gets that player and then moves to the back of the waiver priority order. If noone put's in a claim for a dropped player, the player becomes a free agent at the end of the 24 hours and can be picked up on a 1st come 1st serve basis.

Waiver priority is cumulative over the entire season, so if you were #1 last week and you didn't use your waiver priority, then you're #1 this week (i.e. it doesn't reset).

Once the 1st game of a given week starts (early Saturday or Sunday games) all free agents get put on waivers until Tuesday at Midnight (EST), which is about 24 hours after the Monday Night game. Noone will be allowed to pick up or drop any players during this time. Let's call this time period the "Weekend Waiver Period".

The exception is when there is a Thursday game. Only the players playing on Thursday will get locked early. The rest of the players will get locked when the 1st Saturday or Sunday game starts in that week.

During the Weekend Waiver Period, all owners that want to put in a claim for any player will PM me their request. If I want to put in a claim for any player I will PM Matt my request. All requests will have "Weekend Waiver Request" as the title of the PM. Matt & I will not be allowed to read these requests until after the Weekend Waiver Period is over (Tuesday, Midnight (EST)). Everyone that puts in a Weekend Waiver Request will know that Matt & I didn't read the request early because the PM will still be in everyones outbox. This ensures that all requests will remain private.

Once the Weekend Waiver Period is over, the owner who had the highest priority gets the requested player. This owner can now go to yahoo to officially add the player to his team and drop a player (to keep a legal roster).

If you want to make a request for more than 1 player, put the players in priority order in the PM, based on your preference of which one is highest on your priority list. If one owner puts in multiple requests over the Weekend Waiver Period, the 1st player listed/requested will be the 1st player considered as far as waiver priority goes. Once you use your first claim, that moves you to the back of the line for your #2 waiver claim.

Once the Weekend Waiver Period ends (12:01 EST Wednesday Morning), all unpicked players become free agents and can be picked up on a 1st come 1st serve basis until the next Weekend Waiver Period begins.

Fleaflicker supports our waiver system so the PM waiver system isn't needed in 2008 **UPDATED**

TRADES
Both commishes (flotsamnjetsam & dream_017) will decide pass/veto on all trades not involving them.

If one commish is involved in a trade, the other commish & one of the backup commishes (SwiperNoSwiping & Kilroy) will decide pass/veto on the trade.

If both commishes are involved in a trade, the 2 backup commishes will decide pass/veto on the trade.

In Season Trade Deadline: fleaflicker Default **UPDATED**

PLAYOFFS
We will have 1 large division. The top 4 teams will make the playoffs. The playoffs will take place in weeks 15 & 16. Week 15 will be 1 vs 4 & 2 vs 3. Week 16 will be Championship & 3rd place games.

TIEBREAKERS
We will use the fleaflicker Default Tiebreaker System **UPDATED**

flotsamnjetsam

Re: League Rules & Settings (& Rules Discussion)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:51 am

The only thing I changed was the time limit for our picks. I like the 12 hour system with extra time on the weekend that we've used in the past...but 24 hours is just a lot easier. ;-D

EDIT: Swiper & Kilroy have agreed to be the backup co-commishes for trades involving the commishes (dream & myself). I updated the rules & settings to show this. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Cafeholics Anonymous