Culpepper Traded To Rams (Rumor) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Culpepper Traded To Rams (Rumor)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Culpepper Traded To Rams (Rumor)

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:45 pm

FWIW

...for Bulger and a 4th

Rumors of a possible deal that will send Daunte Culpepper to the St. Louis Rams for current starting quarterback Marc Bulger and a "mid-round" selection in the 2006 draft have been confirmed tonight. A source close to the situation has told Vikingsboard that the deal has been struck in principle, and is awaiting the Saturday Free Agent deadline for finalization.

http://www.vikingsboard.net/

Good deal for the Vikes if it happens

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:49 pm

Bulger and the pick? I call BS.
You would have to give me the pick to take Cully for Bulger and I would still be skeptical.

Great trade for the Vikes if it happens.
Fantasy value:
Cully, Burleson up
Bulger, Holt, Bruce, S-Jax down
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:51 pm

interesting to say the least. i think cpepp with those wr's and jackson behind him could be quite good and provide an solid offensive core as long as they improve the protection around him. ths of course depends on his health but bulger went down last year with what a shoulder injury? i don't really remmeber at this point so he has to raise some questions as well in the health department.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby mikus » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:17 pm

wow, i would be kind of shocked about this deal. i would have thought the dolphins would have made a move on this guy. this would be a very interesting scenario, reuniting linehan with c-pepp. good move for st. louis.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:24 pm

mikus wrote:wow, i would be kind of shocked about this deal. i would have thought the dolphins would have made a move on this guy. this would be a very interesting scenario, reuniting linehan with c-pepp. good move for st. louis.

Right now, it's just rumors from a Vikings' fan site. I would take it at face value.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:39 pm

theres an addition

The news appears to have changed as of early this morning however, when Vikings board confirmed with no less than two sources that there are now other players in the mix.
"After the news of the Rams' offer became public, two other highly interested clubs decided to jump into the fray with more serious offers" said one source out of Minnesota. The other insider is telling us that the club most interested now is Oakland and "another AFC team".
Vikingsboard believes that team is the Miami Dolphins, but our insider refused to confirm or deny that.
More information to follow.

same link as in the first post

i think this is still BS.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby mikus » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:44 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:theres an addition

The news appears to have changed as of early this morning however, when Vikings board confirmed with no less than two sources that there are now other players in the mix.
"After the news of the Rams' offer became public, two other highly interested clubs decided to jump into the fray with more serious offers" said one source out of Minnesota. The other insider is telling us that the club most interested now is Oakland and "another AFC team".
Vikingsboard believes that team is the Miami Dolphins, but our insider refused to confirm or deny that.

i don't know man. it kind of makes sense to me (c-pepp to the rams that is). linehan knows what this guy is capable of, and he would have torry holt, isaac bruce and kevin curtis to throw the ball to. in addition, he gets to play indoors, where he is much more comfortable. i think it makes a lot of sense to bring in your own quarterback, somebody who knows what you want to do already. besides, didn't linehan promise fireworks?

EDIT: spelling
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:46 pm

Cpepper for Bulger and a pick!?!? Maybe if we went back in time to preseason 2005....I know Bulger may be injury prone, but Cpepp's career might be done after that last hit for all we know. You would think that Bulger is worth Culpepper + picks right now, not the other way around.

I don't know why the Ram's would mess with what is working now anyways, unless Bulger is having problems picking up the new system.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:54 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Cpepper for Bulger and a pick!?!? Maybe if we went back in time to preseason 2005....I know Bulger may be injury prone, but Cpepp's career might be done after that last hit for all we know. You would think that Bulger is worth Culpepper + picks right now, not the other way around.

I don't know why the Ram's would mess with what is working now anyways, unless Bulger is having problems picking up the new system.

my thoughts exactly. i hope this guy childress (thats their new coach right??? i cant keep track) knows what hes doing and doesnt do this. the offense is fine, no reason to trade part of it away.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:01 pm

mikus wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:theres an addition

i don't know man. it kind of makes sense to me (c-pepp to the rams that is). linehan knows what this guy is capable of, and he would have torry holt, isaac bruce and kevin curtis to throw the ball to. in addition, he gets to play indoors, where he is much more comfortable. i think it makes a lot of sense to bring in your own quarterback, somebody who knows what you want to do already. besides, didn't linehan promise fireworks?

EDIT: spelling

But who trades their proven starter for a guy who may or may not be able to start on opening day due to a catastrophic knee injury?

Not me....

I think this is BS....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk