Griese cut - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Griese cut

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:59 pm

Griese has a chance to start at most anywhere that will take him. He is not that bad, and the NFL has way too few decent QBs right now.
There are way more teams that could benefit from his skills than not.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:29 pm

Per ESPN the chances are pretty decent Griese resigns with Tampa:

<Mar. 11> The Bucs finally opted to release Griese, who lost his job to Chris Simms in 2005 when he suffered a season-ending knee injury after leading the club to a 5-1 start, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports.

Griese was due a $2.6 million roster bonus on Saturday that would have pushed his salary cap charge to $7.08 million. By cutting him, the Bucs saved not only the $2.6 million roster bonus, but also shaved $4.549 million from their 2006 salary cap.

Tampa Bay officials have been discussing a restructured contract with Griese's agent, Ralph Cindrich, and there is still a decent chance the Bucs will quickly re-sign the veteran passer to a more palatable deal. Cindrich acknowledged Friday night there is a proposal on the table and the two sides likely will resume negotiations on Saturday, with the aim of having Griese re-join the team.

It?s believed that Griese and Cindrich are seeking a contract that would protect the veteran quarterback in the event he regains the starting job. That would probably mean a deal with plenty of incentives based on playing time and performance.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk