Rosenfels Signs With Texans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rosenfels Signs With Texans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rosenfels Signs With Texans

Postby VaderFin » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:25 pm

Sage Rosenfels signed with the Texans for 4 years for 7 million with a 2 million dollar signing bonus. He could never get past being 2nd or 3rd string for 2 coaches in Miami when QB was a need position and the Texans gave him a 2 mill signing bonus???? Carr and Rosenfels tells me no way the Texans take a QB.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/foot ... hins-front
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigGAME101 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:30 pm

Whatever. If the Texans want to upgrade their offense, they better get on the FA O-linemen, otherwise any QB (or backup QB) will be worthless.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:47 pm

bigGAME101 wrote:Whatever. If the Texans want to upgrade their offense, they better get on the FA O-linemen, otherwise any QB (or backup QB) will be worthless.

i think this is a little more significant that people are saying it is. there has been the remote possibility that the texans could trade david carr and get a qb with the first pick, but that possibility is basically eliminated with that signing.

i know its stupid, but im just saying...
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby bigGAME101 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:53 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
bigGAME101 wrote:Whatever. If the Texans want to upgrade their offense, they better get on the FA O-linemen, otherwise any QB (or backup QB) will be worthless.

i think this is a little more significant that people are saying it is. there has been the remote possibility that the texans could trade david carr and get a qb with the first pick, but that possibility is basically eliminated with that signing.

I agree that it is good to have a capable back-up, but I dont necessarily think Rosenfels is that guy. And I do not believe the Texans will trade Carr - he is a very capable starter is he can stay on his feet. The point of my reply was that Houston really needs to jump into the FA pool and start picking up some players. I know their cap situation is not the greatest, but only a few good O-lineman remain, and the signing of Weaver, while very good, only makes it more difficult to do so. I have to imagine at this point Houston is looking to the Draft for some major O-line upgrades.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:23 am

bigGAME101 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:

I agree that it is good to have a capable back-up, but I dont necessarily think Rosenfels is that guy. And I do not believe the Texans will trade Carr - he is a very capable starter is he can stay on his feet. The point of my reply was that Houston really needs to jump into the FA pool and start picking up some players. I know their cap situation is not the greatest, but only a few good O-lineman remain, and the signing of Weaver, while very good, only makes it more difficult to do so. I have to imagine at this point Houston is looking to the Draft for some major O-line upgrades.

If the Texans were planning to trade Carr, there is no way Sage Rosenfels is the man they trust to back up any rookie they bring in. Collins, Griese, Garcia, etc. would be much, much more suitable in this role.

This is your standard, run-of-the-mill backup signee. Don't look too deep into it.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk