Arizona, please sign the Edge! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arizona, please sign the Edge!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arizona, please sign the Edge!

Postby fantasyfugitive » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:23 am

That would make my season...
fantasyfugitive
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:35 am

Hey, first off, welcome.

We usually try to add a little more info though when making a new thread... I'll help you out a bit.

Cardinals | Team makes its push to sign E. James
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:56:26 -0800

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports speculation in Arizona has the Arizona Cardinals making a strong offer to free agent RB Edgerrin James (Colts), one aimed at keeping him from visiting other teams and adding him to their offensive backfield. Drew Rosenhaus, James' agent, declined comment Saturday afternoon, March 11. "I'm hopeful," Cardinals head coach Dennis Green said in Phoenix. "Everybody is working hard. (James) knows a lot of players here."

Obviously, ARI can only benefit from this signing. But JJ Arrington shouldn't be given up on so easily. Maybe he'll be used as a spell back for Edge.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasyfugitive » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:41 am

Hehehehehe.... thanks...! After joining the Basketballcafè a while ago i thought it would be nice to drop by and take part in the footballcafé!

Thanks for warm welcome! ;-D

I agree about JJ, but last year clearly showed what Arizona is lacking.... (among all the other things!)

And with Boldin, Fitzgerald as WR and Thed Edge as RB i think the offense will gain a completely new dimension!
fantasyfugitive
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:27 am

Are you picturing Edge running behind the Cards O-line? He doesn't have the burst he used to and maybe not as much power either. Could turn into a mediocre back under the heat of the Zona sun.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby michaelavelli » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:06 pm

moochman wrote:Are you picturing Edge running behind the Cards O-line? He doesn't have the burst he used to and maybe not as much power either. Could turn into a mediocre back under the heat of the Zona sun.

I don't know about "mediocre", but I agree with this to an extent. Arizona needs to address its O-line (a la the Cleveland Browns) if they're going to get full value out of the big $ they'll have to throw down to land Edge.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:52 pm

Edge is no LT. He needs a solid line to perform well. Arizona would be foolish to give him a big contract at this point.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:59 pm

arizona needs to use their money to sign some offensive lineman, maybe go after steve hutchinson. nobody is going to run well behind that line.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby terpfan » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:48 pm

Seems your season has just been made...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:39 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Edge is no LT. He needs a solid line to perform well. Arizona would be foolish to give him a big contract at this point.

steelerfan513 wrote:arizona needs to use their money to sign some offensive lineman, maybe go after steve hutchinson. nobody is going to run well behind that line.

You guys hit the nail on the head. Without an upgrade to the o-line, this is signing is just window-dressing to get butts in seats in the new Cardinal stadium.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:34 pm

I'm sorry, but can ANYONE back this up? Does it not bother anyone that (barring injury) he's never really had an off year? There was the ACL in 01, and the recovery in 02, but after that, dominant.

It still stands to reason that NOBODY HAS A CLUE what Edge can do. "Edge needs a good o-line to run," really? Give me an example where his o-line was bad for some reason, and a mediocre game ensued.

I'm not saying you guys are wrong, but I am saying you don't know.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk