Vikings sign G Steve Hutchinson to 7-year offer sheet!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vikings sign G Steve Hutchinson to 7-year offer sheet!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:14 am

pmix wrote:oh, i really like the direction Childress is takin this team.

In everything except selling Culpepper really really cheap, I would agree. Other than that, the Vikings seem to be making all of the right moves.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:38 am

SeaWolf wrote:What needs to be done IMO, is not change the way a transition tag works but the way a OG is grouped together with OT. No other positions are lumped that way when it comes to Franchise and Transition tags. Way too much money for an OG.

After watching Woody steal from the Lions I can't help but think that only a few of the bestest LGs would be worthy of a contract anywhere close to Hutch's deal. The C-Hacks lose big time, but I gotta wonder what the long term affect will be with the Vikes. That is way too much money for a guard.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Flux » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:55 am

If T. Richardson (FB of course) signs with the Vikes which he was close to doing last night, I think I may jump on the C. Taylor bandwagon.

McKinnie, Hutch, a healthy Birk. That left side is insane.
Last edited by Flux on Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:19 pm

moochman wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:What needs to be done IMO, is not change the way a transition tag works but the way a OG is grouped together with OT. No other positions are lumped that way when it comes to Franchise and Transition tags. Way too much money for an OG.

After watching Woody steal from the Lions I can't help but think that only a few of the bestest LGs would be worthy of a contract anywhere close to Hutch's deal. The C-Hacks lose big time, but I gotta wonder what the long term affect will be with the Vikes. That is way too much money for a guard.

I can't help but wonder if Hutch is going to have a tougher time not having someone as high caliber as Jones next to him. I don't know what OT is going to be next to him since I don't follow the Vikings much these days but I can guarantee them not being at the same level as Jones (as he's essentially in a class of his own).

Maybe this won't be as big of a hit as I think it might be, but I don't like losing our O-line at all. I would have much preferred to keep the line intact and find a cheaper RB.

:-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:21 pm

Bryant McKinnie is no pushover.

Literally.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:26 pm

And Birk, though no Raiola, should be healthy and ready to solidify the middle of the line. He should be getting plenty of help.

Freaking Vikes, hate em I do.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby pmix » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:35 pm

maddog60 wrote:

In everything except selling Culpepper really really cheap, I would agree. Other than that, the Vikings seem to be making all of the right moves.

Daunte did not want to be here. He was asked to get his butt up here to rehab and start understanding the new offensive scheme. In order to get more for him we would of had to wait till midway through next season when he would be healthy. I think it was best to ship him out, we got what we could for the better of the team.

Now that he's gone, man his hands are small!!!!!
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:54 pm

maddog60 wrote:

no one was going to give the vikes more than that. how much would you pay for a qb who is coming off a crappy season that ended with a catastrophic knee injury.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:59 pm

I'm not saying they could've gotten more (due to the injury), but it still created a major hole at QB, and they're in no position to trade up to take one of the top QBs in this draft without giving up, well, far too much in terms of draft picks.

Good value or not on the trade, getting rid of Culpepper created a big void, and no easy looking way to fill it.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flockers » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:55 pm

This is a bitter-sweet signing. The 'Hawks lose one of the best guards in the league, but the Vikes get him.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Football Talk