G-Men sign Arrington - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

G-Men sign Arrington

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:25 pm

Ive heard numerous reports that there is no deal between Lavar and the Giants. Nothing in print though, always "from a source." Most of thema re pretty credible though.

This isnt saying Lavar wont end up in New York, I still think thats his most likely destination unfortunately, but hes not done to the Giants yet.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Steve_L » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:55 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:The NFC East is going to be great this year! The skins and giants have both made significant upgrades already this FA season. The Cowboys have splashed around in the kiddie pool and the Eagles have been quiet. It Looks like we have the making of an arms race! ;-D

Yeah, were the f$%# are the Cowboys this offseason? I'm angry ... they promised to be aggressive. We have 20 mil in cap, for crying out loud.

Anyways, this bites. I wanted Arrington GONE. Now we still play his overrated ass twice a year.

If he's overrated wouldn't that be good? ;-) Good signing by the Giants though if this is true, he's a good LB and could be a great LB.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby vikingsfan11 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:58 pm

great move for the giants if true, i thaught the vikings would make more of a push for this guy.
vikingsfan11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:04 pm

Steve_L wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:The NFC East is going to be great this year! The skins and giants have both made significant upgrades already this FA season. The Cowboys have splashed around in the kiddie pool and the Eagles have been quiet. It Looks like we have the making of an arms race! ;-D

Yeah, were the f$%# are the Cowboys this offseason? I'm angry ... they promised to be aggressive. We have 20 mil in cap, for crying out loud.

Anyways, this bites. I wanted Arrington GONE. Now we still play his overrated ass twice a year.

If he's overrated wouldn't that be good? ;-) Good signing by the Giants though if this is true, he's a good LB and could be a great LB.

Just venting... :-P

No, I do think he's a good LB ... but he is still overrated.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SniperShot » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:40 pm

Look out NFC East will be a beast. Cowboys are just gearing up for their TO signing don't worry. ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:04 pm

SniperShot wrote:Look out NFC East will be a beast. Cowboys are just gearing up for their TO signing don't worry. ;-D

That's why I'm worried... !+)

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:08 pm

the only problem is arrington eschews playing within a system, and insists paterno showed him to freelance more. NOt what the eagles need. Only reason the boys and skins etc have any room is the rules kept getting bent on the CBA. I call shenanigans to some degree. The teams that were responsible get hurt.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:53 pm

I still have not seen any confirmation on this on any sites or news broadcasts.

Anyone got any info on this?
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:56 pm

This is the latest I have seen:
(From the New York Daily News)
Giants in hunt for Arrington

BY RALPH VACCHIANO
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Getting the chance for payback against his former team, the Washington Redskins, may be enough to lure Arrington to the Giants.
Lavar Arrington finished his visit with the Giants yesterday and left without a contract. But several league sources believe the Giants are well positioned for what could be a two-team race.

Though he has drawn interest from 14 teams, according to agent Carl Poston, the ex-Redskins linebacker has only visited with the Giants and the Dolphins in the opening days of the NFL's free-agent frenzy. Poston said yesterday that the linebacker has returned to his home in Washington and the two were expecting to speak last night to plot their next move.

"There is the possibility of other visits," Poston said. "We just haven't set any up yet."

The Browns are reportedly interested in joining the Arrington chase, but several league sources are convinced that Arrington inevitably will decide between the Giants and Dolphins. And given his stated desire to stay in the NFC East so he can play his former team twice a season, the Giants might be the favorite.

The only question is whether they're willing to meet the 27-year-old linebacker's asking price, which could be very high given what's happening on the market. Linebacker Will Witherspoon set the standard yesterday when he signed a six-year deal with the St. Louis Rams for a reported $33 million, including $15 million guaranteed bonuses.

Giants GM Ernie Accorsi declined comment on Arrington yesterday. Poston said he and the Giants hadn't even opened negotiations yet.

Regardless, the Giants are keeping their linebacker options open. They attempted to set up a visit with Jacksonville's Akin Ayodele, a former Tom Coughlin draft pick, but his agent, Mike Sullivan, said they are negotiating with the Cowboys and no visit to the Giants is planned. The Giants were keeping tabs on Indianapolis' David Thornton, but a source said he has scratched them off his list.

Their top choice is the 6-3, 255-pound Arrington, who forfeited $4.4 million in bonus money to buy his escape from the eight-year, $68 million contract extension he signed with Washington in 2003.

The Giants also hosted Detroit kick returner/cornerback R.W. McQuarters and Arizona safety Quentin Harris yesterday, and Baltimore safety Will Demps is due in today. A league source said it was "possible" McQuarters could sign in the next day or two. It's not clear what that would mean for kick returner Chad Morton, whom the Giants were trying to re-sign.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk