The Football H2HWS is coming back in '06 with its new name the Head 2 Head Super Bowl (H2HSB). Last year wrveres set up the football H2HWS
as the pigskin counterpart to his hugely successful H2HWS for baseball
This year wrveres has handed the reins over to me as I hope to establish the H2HSB as a premier free fantasy football league. Registration will begin in the coming months, but I thought I'd get an early post out to help stir interest.
There will be a few changes for 2006.
1) The H2HSB will have its own Yahoo Group established. Last year everything ran out of the H2HWS baseball group, which made things a little confusing when the two sports overlap.
2) The tier format will be slightly different than the H2HWS. There will be only be two tiers as opposed to the three that are set up for baseball. The tiers will go as follows:
- H2HSB International League
- This will be the champions' league. The winners of the the Tier 2 leagues will all get a bid in this league for the H2HSB crown. Depending on the number of Tier 2 leagues there are, there may be a possibility to have a few Wild Card bids for teams that may have had an excellent regular season in their T2 league but had an unfortunate loss in the playoffs.
- Regional Leagues
- All H2HSB registrants will be placed in a Regional League. The Regional Leagues will be formed geographically. Instead of having a separate leagues for a state or country, the leagues will be more regional like a Great Lakes Region, a Pacific Northwest Region or a New England Region.
Now there's still a chance that a single state/country will produce enough managers to get their own Tier 2 league (i.e. California, New York, Australia, UK). But this system will allow for a level playing field as far as how teams get bids for the International League. So if Joe Blow is the lone representative of Austria, instead of automatically getting a bid for the International Tourney because he's the only Austrian representing, he will be placed in a T2 Regional League, like a Mainland Europe Region or something.
I'm looking forward to the upcoming season, I think this could turn into something very cool.
CLICK HERE to register.
Here is a location map of all the current registrants. Maps last updated 6-26-06
Last edited by ironman on Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:29 am, edited 8 times in total.