AHHHHHH, that teamis just getting wayyy too loaded. Getting scary... :-o
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:48 pm

terpfan wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Somebody check the new CBA....it must say $102 million cap limit....EXCEPT the Redskins...they can spend whatever the heck they want! :-?

I still say this doesn't bode well for current Skins' players...not at all. The mighty pen will be cutting down players left and right very soon.... :*)

Why would we be signing players jsut to cut our other players? :-?

Bottom line is this. EVERY team in the NFL COULD do this if they wanted. They just don have the cash to make it happen. All hail the mighty Dan!

It's called a salary cap. Everyone has to stay UNDER it...the Skins' were on the bubble to begin with. THey can't afford to keep everyone.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby terpfan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:53 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:congrats skins. you now have exactly one year before your team will self destruct. maybe snyder is going for the super bowl this year and retiring when all hell breaks loose in washington.

Yeah... thats it!

This post reeeeeks of jealousy.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:54 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:AHHHHHH, that teamis just getting wayyy too loaded. Getting scary... :-o

What's scary is how the salary cap doesn't seem to apply to the Redskins. It will only make it even sweeter when they fail to buy a Super Bowl again next year and have to cut half their team.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby jh2031 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:54 pm

Snyder is gonna be kickin himself in the a$$ down the road. All dumb signings/trade.

Ladies and Gentlemen...meet the smerf squad and an overpaid DE/LB. Good job Snyder. ;-D ;-D :-b

The Archuleta signing was the only good one.

Thank God Ben Roethlisberger isn't a FA...Only God knows how much Snyder would pay for him. Hmmm, maybe God wouldn't know.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:03 pm

terpfan wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:congrats skins. you now have exactly one year before your team will self destruct. maybe snyder is going for the super bowl this year and retiring when all hell breaks loose in washington.

Yeah... thats it!

im not jealous of a team that has a 3rd wide receiver paid like a 1st receiver, or a team that will have to start basically all rookies next year.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby terpfan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:20 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
terpfan wrote:

Yeah... thats it!

im not jealous of a team that has a 3rd wide receiver paid like a 1st receiver, or a team that will have to start basically all rookies next year.

Even when you know that isnt true? Dont kid yourself.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:56 pm

another good signing by the skins. Looks as though they have taken the drivers seat in the NFC East.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby inferno19 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:09 pm

I've got this LA Lakers feeling with the Redskins this year. You know, when the Lakers signed Malone and Payton and were a lock to win everything?

Everyone's going to project them to win everything, peg them for the super bowl, etc...then they'll implode due to very little chemistry developed between all the new players, and a "gelling" process.
I know NBA and NFL are two different monsters, but I just thought the analogy was cute.
1335 rushing yards, 53 receptions, 441 receiving yards. 18 TDs.
Money in the bank.
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:38 pm

inferno19 wrote:I've got this LA Lakers feeling with the Redskins this year. You know, when the Lakers signed Malone and Payton and were a lock to win everything?

Everyone's going to project them to win everything, peg them for the super bowl, etc...then they'll implode due to very little chemistry developed between all the new players, and a "gelling" process.
I know NBA and NFL are two different monsters, but I just thought the analogy was cute.

Cute... maybe. Accurate, I doubt it. ;-)

Last time the Skins brought in a simliar batch of FAs was two years ago. The Brunell, Washington, Griffin, Springs, Daniels, Portis (via trade) class. I think that group went a long way in establishing the face of this franchise and getting over the first hump (into the playoffs)

I expect this group to do the same. Its not like its an overhaul of the team. Its not even close to 2/5 of the team, as in the Lakers example. Just 3-4 new starters at positions that were sorely lacking last year. Chemistry should not be an issue.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk