Redskins sign Andre Carter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Redskins sign Andre Carter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:07 pm

onnestabe wrote:
assron wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:
Do you have a stat that backs up the statement "they are the most profitable team in the NFL?"

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/Revenues_1.html

You do realize that Revenue only means how much money they bring in, right? Revenue has nothing to do with how much they spend, and if you sort that list you linked to by Operating Income, which does consider costs, Dallas is the most profitable franchise in the NFL.

The reason I point this out is that you said "most profitable" and profit means the difference between revenue and expense.

And to add on to that, it was 2004 data....

So Kensat, Washington is not the most profitable team in the NFL (and it is not by a wide margin).
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HoleInTheWallGang » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:30 am

Don't look now but the Skins had a meeting with Julian Peterson today. ;-D
HoleInTheWallGang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby D3C4K » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:33 pm

I have an off-topic question :-D . Does anyone know whether Andre Carter will play at DE or LB next year? I'm not up on the Redskins' roster, is Renaldo Wynn still alive and well? Philip Daniels? I figured they were going with Holdman, Marshall and Washington at LB, and use Daniels and Carter at DE, but I don't know for sure. Anyone else have an idea?
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:03 pm

HoleInTheWallGang wrote:Don't look now but the Skins had a meeting with Julian Peterson today. ;-D

Really? Where did you see that?

D3C4K, Carter will play DE with Daniels. Wynn will be shifted tot he bench but likley still see time in the rotation. The skins are still looking for a replacement for Lavar.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:40 pm

terpfan wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Sure, Washington's inevitable salary cap hell/jail never comes, but they don't even get close to the bang for their buck that other well managed teams do.

1. All teams have THE SAME SALARY CAP. The Skins just know how to use it.
2. The Redskins just drastically improved a team that went 10-6 last year and advanced to the second round of the playoffs. I dont want to here anymore crap about how their plan doesnt work. It is working. And next year they take the next step.

Hopefully thats the last Ill have to say on this issue fo a while. Im sure Im starting to sound like a broken record.

The point is, Dan Snyder simply has a different plan than other GMs. His plan involves signing players to large contracts, but never letting them see the backloaded end of the contract. These contracts would be outlandish for teams operating under a different philosophy, but for Snyder they are typical and manageable contracts. The redskins will not be in "cap jail" until potentially the end of the CBA agreement.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk