Fellow Bears fans...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fellow Bears fans......

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby saundman2000 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:06 pm

skibrett15 wrote:I would encourage the bears, though I hope the packers sign him... to look at moulds when he is released. He runs good routes and will be dependable if not flashy.

I'd like Moulds in a Bear uniform, but seeing as how they've not gone hard after Randel El, or Givens I don't think it's likely.

Moulds will be sought after by several teams and I don't think he can be had "on the cheap". Whoever gets him might overpay just like many of the other recent FA signings.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:25 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:Berrian was coming on strong when he got hurt, Muhammed is returning, and Gage is starting to pick up some as well. Give a consistent QB situation (that's the scary part) and these guys can gel into a cohesive unit.

I think you mean Bradley was coming on strong when he got hurt; Berrian was hurt early and came on strong late.

I am not as optimistic about the Bears WR's. I think a dependable veteran receiver would be a great addition (we all hoped Muhammed would be that guy), right now the Bears are dependent on young players, one of whom will be coming off a major knee injury. I don't like to be in the position of hoping players will get better which is where we are at. Gage has not been a reliable receiver so far. Berrian looked good at the end of the year, mainly on deep plays.

I also feel the Bears need a veteran backup QB. We are not far from the situation of last year, only now our backup is Orton instead of Hutchinson. Orton may be a good QB some day, but the bottom line is last year he was not very effective at moving the ball and scoring points.

My bad, it was Bradley I was thinking of. But with that group, it gives Rex a chance, so I am not too worried. I wouldn't mind Moulds, but he is getting up there in age and he isn't exactly the model of consistency either. There is Keyshawn (if he hasn't signed already), but again age is a factor. There are plenty of backup QB's left to choose from, and I think they will take the cheapest one out there, as there isn't much of a difference between Blake or Fiedler or whoever else is left. There is McCown or Collins, but those guys likely won't sit behind Rex (and knowing the Bears, behind Orton too!). Not much for them to do but wait.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Steve_L » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:04 pm

As long as they address the need of a TE in the draft, I'm completely happy. I really hope they draft/sign a good CB hopefully to replace Tillman as the #2 CB because I truly feel he's one of the most overrated CBs in the game, and that's saying something since he's not too highly thought of either.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:58 pm

I dont think the Bear will bring in Moulds as he is another possesion WR, what they need is someone with pure speed to stretch the field. As far as a TE goes I think they would be wise to wait and grab Leonard Pope or another one who can block becuase lets be honest Antonio Gates isn't going to make the bears an offensive powerhouse they are a Ball control offense and a great defense, Dance with who brung ya and dont fix what aint broken
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk