T.O. To Be Released Today - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.O. To Be Released Today

Moderator: Football Moderators

T.O. To Be Released Today

Postby VaderFin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:33 am

T.O. is due his big roster bonus by 4pm today. Since no one is going to trade for him he'll be free sometime today. Dallas? Denver?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:12 am

I forget where I've read it, but I don't think Denver is gonna go for him. Someone said that their reported interest is vastly overblown.

Probably Dallas. But that's pure speculation.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:24 am

Would T.O. be interested in paying for a winning team and taking less money or playing for a losing team but making more money?
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:27 am

VaderFin wrote:Would T.O. be interested in paying for a winning team and taking less money or playing for a losing team but making more money?

I'm guessing he just wants more money. He always says that he wants to win a Superbowl, but he had valid chances with the Eagles.

Instead, we just heard him whine about his contract.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:32 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Would T.O. be interested in paying for a winning team and taking less money or playing for a losing team but making more money?

I'm guessing he just wants more money. He always says that he wants to win a Superbowl, but he had valid chances with the Eagles.

You are probably right. I think a surprise team like Cleveland or Green Bay or the like might be able to sign him to a bigger contract then the names being thrown around.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby merc » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:35 am

He always says that he wants to win a Superbowl, but he had valid chances with the Eagles.
And, he showed his desire to win a SB by coming back against doctors orders to play injured in SB39... I think he wants both alot of money and another shot at a SB victory.

Although Dallas is likely, does KC have any cap room left?
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:37 am

VaderFin wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:

You are probably right. I think a surprise team like Cleveland or Green Bay or the like might be able to sign him to a bigger contract then the names being thrown around.

I don't think Cleveland will be in the mix. They will probably leave 6 million or so left under the cap in order to sign rookies. That leaves just enough for a free agent line backer signing. Not enough for TO really.

(if my math is right...)
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:45 am

You can rule the Loins out! We have our WR: Corey Bradford! Woooo! TO who? If TO wants to win a Super Bowl he is going to have to go through Detroit first!

Seriously it should be interesting to see where he ends up. Denver is a good guess, Shanahan has a big enough ego to think he can keep TO under control.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby logan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:50 am

merc wrote:
He always says that he wants to win a Superbowl, but he had valid chances with the Eagles.
And, he showed his desire to win a SB by coming back against doctors orders to play injured in SB39... I think he wants both alot of money and another shot at a SB victory.

Although Dallas is likely, does KC have any cap room left?

not to give him the contract he would want no. we are at the monet 7.3 under the cap and still need to get some backup QB's,sign find a cb, resign tynes, offered a deal to benny sapp and someone else (don't remember how as i read the article acouple days ago),pay draft picks etc. peterson told drew that he would be up for offereing a 1 year no guarantee incentive ladden deal but hasn't heard anything and probably will not hear anything back from him.
Last edited by logan on Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:01 am

merc wrote: I think he wants both alot of money and another shot at a SB victory.

If that's what he really wanted I can't see why he'd be unhappy with a 7 year 49 million dollar deal and playing on a team that had been superbowl contenders for 5 straight years.

Dallas seems the most likely spot, as Jerry Jones should have the money to satisfy TO's cravings... for now.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk