T.O. To Be Released Today - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.O. To Be Released Today

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:04 pm

merc wrote:Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, TO is free at last!

Hello Dallas... hello KC... hello Atlanta.... hello... is anybody there??? ;-)

It would only be fair if TO ended up in Atlanta. He'll be whining like a brat before the season starts.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby merc » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:12 pm

It would only be fair if TO ended up in Atlanta. He'll be whining like a brat before the season starts.
Probably true... I can see it now, TO open downfield jumping up and down while Vick scrambles around... and then overthrows him.

Maybe, TO to GB will keep Farve from retiring, and TO will get his wish and opportunity to see if his words were right about Farve and the SB. :-D
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:22 pm

Since you guys mentioned all the usual suspects, what about a team like Jacksonville? They could use a gamebreaker on offense.

I'm surprised the Oakland rumours haven't started up yet. That was the huge one before the season started.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:07 pm

NO WAY TO and Moss could co-exist. Especially for all of his faults, TO does actually try every down, and will block etc, take end arounds etc.

I hate Owens, but I don't think he respects people who don't take training and effort as seriously as he does. I mean seriously, in order to stand out, you had to train on par with jerry rice in san fran.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:49 pm

You Cowboys fans sure are young... :-° :-D

I couldn't stand to see TO in Blue and Silver (ours, not Detroit's). I mean, I know there's about a 99% chance of it happening now that we've cut MeShawn, but still...

For one thing, I might have to change my avatar. It would look a little weird. :-b Also, he might cause conflict, and I can't see Tuna putting up with that. Anyone remember Antonio Bryant? You know, the awesome young talent we had until he had a hissy fit and threw a jersey at Tuna? Now he's a 9er... :-P

I know that bastard's on his way, and the only way I could possibly feel NEUTRAL about this is if we sign him to a small, incentive-laden contract. Probably won't happen though.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby fantasizing » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:39 pm

TO will flourish in either of Denver, KC, or Dallas. All veteran QB's who are proven. Tough coaches too. These three teams will make a pitch for him.

What about Seattle? They cut Jurevicious, need a 2nd WR to complement Jackson, and they have tons of cap space given they probably won't resign Hutchinson.

I think Holmgren should grow some balls and take the risk.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:47 pm

I would be STUNNED if Holmgren or anyone on his coaching Tree took him. You don't think Holmgren and His protege talked about this at all?

He will "flourish" for a year. If he can't play with donovan, putting up monster stats and going to the super bowl, how is he going to like some of those qb's?
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fantasizing » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:51 pm

eaglesrule wrote:
He will "flourish" for a year. If he can't play with donovan, putting up monster stats and going to the super bowl, how is he going to like some of those qb's?

I'm not entirely convinced that McNabb is a better QB than T. Green, J. Plummer, and even Drew (statue) Bledsoe.
Good offensive lines, good (even great) running games. TO WILL flourish with either one of the three.
Last edited by fantasizing on Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:51 pm

merc wrote:
Probably true... I can see it now, TO open downfield jumping up and down while Vick scrambles around... and then overthrows him.

Maybe, TO to GB will keep Farve from retiring, and TO will get his wish and opportunity to see if his words were right about Farve and the SB. :-D

It was Michael Irvin's words. TO only agreed with him.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:11 pm

fantasizing wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:

I'm not entirely convinced that McNabb is a better QB than T. Green, J. Plummer, and even Drew (statue) Bledsoe.
Good offensive lines, good (even great) running games. TO WILL flourish with either one of the three.

Let's not be silly. I don't want to open up the typical can here, but you do know that Donovan is the only QB ever that put up 30 td's and 10 or less int's right? You know Donovan's playoff resume far exceeds either of those? Donovan also helmed the team that until this year won the most games since 2000. He has also been to the Super Bowl. I may be overly eager to defend him here, but it is patently ridiculous to say that Plummer is better. Green is a different story, but I think Donovan has done more with less than either of them. Green is a solid QB, but I would highly doubt that any GM who has Green wouldn't take a straight up trade for Donovan if presented the opportunity. You do know plummer is 77 all time in career passer rating, donovan is 20? It seems to me that green has a lot of empty stats, but I guess that isn't his fault. To say that plummer is comprable is totally looking at fantasy TOO much however.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk