T.O. To Be Released Today - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.O. To Be Released Today

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:13 pm

after looking at it, my money is on KC.

Green et al, are on their way out, and they really only need a year, two max with owens. It hink they become muy dangerous with that configuration.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby merc » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:59 pm

It was Michael Irvin's words. TO only agreed with him.
Shhhhh! If you tell folks that, they might think that TO's suspension and firing was way overboard in comparison to what other players have done, without punishment. ;-)
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:06 pm

he was ruled to willfully be looking to get cut through his behavior. a distinction between social misbehavior and misbehavior int he workplace has to be drawn.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby merc » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:32 am

Do we really want to rehash this sorry episode in sad behavior by players and Eagles management, who ironically looked to a Redskins fan for justice... again???

he was ruled to willfully be looking to get cut through his behavior.
Hmmm, as I understood it, the Redskin fan arbitrator ruled he was acting willfully to either get a new contract or get the Eagles to cut him, so he could play for someone else.

a distinction between social misbehavior and misbehavior int he workplace has to be drawn.
Why is that? Why isn't beating your wife at home as punishable as beating her in the locker room... by both society AND your employer? To punish someone who gives their negative opinions(or just agrees with others negative opinions) on their employer or their co-workers should never be punished more severely than someone who actually puts another at risk for physical harm... in the locker room or not.

That said, TO is free to do his thing and so are the Eagles... and occasionally even on the same field from time to time. :-D :-D
[/quote]

merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:14 am

eaglesrule - don't feed the trolls please
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby merc » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:01 am

eaglesrule - don't feed the trolls please

lmcjaho,

Namecalling really isn't befitting someone of your tenure and experience here on FFC. You should consider not doing it in the future. The FFC is a wonderful place to meet for friendly and intelligent discussions. Let's leave the name calling nastyness at the door. Okay?

As for "trolls", they can/will exist on both sides of an issue, and in this case, will continue to exist as long as some folks believe that pro sports(and their employees) somehow exist outside society and the real world where the rest of us live.

If you adhere to the definition of "troll", then it may be the folks who first mention TO's past behavioral misdeeds who are the "trolls".... However, in TO's and in many other players cases, their past behavioral problems can and probably should be a part of any discussion with regard to their potential football performance in the coming year. One side will say his behavior will outweigh his football talents, while the other side will say it won't and both sides will each give their reason's why and defend their opinions. Probably, in this case, there can be no trolls?

Anyway, (to get this thread back on topic) I think the TO/Eagle BS was very badly mishandled and way overblown as a result of the Eagles over the top discipinary action and subsequent hearings. I can easily see even what happened last year with TO having been handled better if another team/management was involved. Maybe, Dallas or KC is the type of team/management that TO needs?

merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:10 am

how is what I wrote trolling?

At any rate, I see both sides really. Not with TO, but with the point being made.

i would say that societal and workplace rules overlap at some points and don't at others. Some places don't care what you do outside, as long as it doesn't effect your job performance, or land you in jail/bring bad name to the organization (somthing TO actually did, in addition to publicly questioning the ability of a fellow employee--something that would get you canned almost anywhere else). Some places drug test and have morals clauses. Others probably don't have a policy, but if they found out you beat your wife, would probably find another reason to fire you because of it. Eveyr place and situation is different.

I think the Eagles handled it propoerly in general, but think they should have just given the guy a contract too. They were worried about an example to other FAs on the team, but they could have just said, when you play int he super bowl on a barely healed brokne bone, then we'll talk.

But given that he went public first, he burned that bridge. The eagles do not do personnel stuff in public. I'm done on that element of this discussion--its been beaten to death.

No question the guy is a talent, and I would LOVE it if he goes to the cowboys. I like that the division is back. And I would like to see dawkins lay him out.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby logan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:13 am

i keep saying we are not going to sign the guy. here is some info on where things stand at this moment. we are not going to offer him anything he will be interestd in as we don't have the space in the first place and we have had no contact with the guy at this point.we have way to many other needs at this point to go after a WR. especialy considerig we will probably be making offers to bernard and allen and dalton.

Owens not on Chiefs’ list
Edwards says team does not have plans to contact receiver
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

The T.O. watch got off to a slow start at Arrowhead Stadium. Not a single sighting of Terrell Owens, the controversial veteran wide receiver who became a free agent Tuesday when he was released by the Philadelphia Eagles.

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said the Chiefs had no plans to meet with Owens.

“We haven’t had that conversation,” Edwards said. “We haven’t talked about it. We don’t know what that situation is, so we’ll just have to see.

“We haven’t talked to his people since the Senior Bowl (in January). Nothing has transpired since that. We’re open to listening to everybody. That’s what you have to be able to do in free-agency. You have to be a good listener.”
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby merc » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:20 am

how is what I wrote trolling?

eaglesrule, I think you missed this sentence in my post...
Probably, in this case, there can be no trolls?

IMO, discussions of TO past behavioral problems and his troubles with management are valid areas which can be explored when discussing his potential future football value. As long as folks bring his past behavior into discussions of his football value, I will continue to provide fair balance on the issue. :-D

I'm done on that element of this discussion--its been beaten to death.
I agree... just imagine if we also did this with SS, CJ, LJ, etc, too... ? ;-)

merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:53 am

I think T.O. will be on his best behavior for a year. After that anything is possible. Culpepper to Owens has a nice ring to it. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk