Cowboys Cut Keyshawn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Cowboys Cut Keyshawn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:29 pm

UTLonghorns wrote:Althought I think Denver is a better fit, TO will prob. be coming to Dallas.

If TO critisized McNabb, hes gonna tear Bledsoe like a peice of paper.


Bledsoe with time is the exact QB TO wants. Accurate, huge arm and he doesn't run around much. When he gets in trouble he'll just be looking for TO. And if the Cowboys do sign TO they will be able to get younger on their line and focus there in the first instead of WR.

I like TO in Dallas as long as it's not a huge multiyear deal. He needs to earn it again. Give him a couple years with big incentives. Very little gauranteed money.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1599
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Up in Canada

Postby The_Captain » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:35 pm

I'm not sure the Cowboys fans will welcome him with open arms. They are still upset with his antics on the star and I'm not sure coming to Dallas is the right fit for him.

Everyone needs to remember Dallas is NOT a pass happy team. Bill likes ball control which means run, run, run with limited passing. We saw it all year long. Yes, Dallas needs a solid #1 WR but TO will not be happy in this system.

I think the Cowboys make a move for Moulds once he's cleared of the Bills.
Image
Image

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13949
Joined: 8 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lurking somewhere between here and there...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:52 pm

The_Captain wrote:I'm not sure the Cowboys fans will welcome him with open arms. They are still upset with his antics on the star and I'm not sure coming to Dallas is the right fit for him.

Everyone needs to remember Dallas is NOT a pass happy team. Bill likes ball control which means run, run, run with limited passing. We saw it all year long. Yes, Dallas needs a solid #1 WR but TO will not be happy in this system.

I think the Cowboys make a move for Moulds once he's cleared of the Bills.


We may not welcome him with open arms, but we'll still welcome him. TO is going to Dallas... I think it's going to happen.

<-------- Here's one fan still mad about the star :-# (arrow's a little off, but consult avatar)
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby The_Captain » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:54 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
The_Captain wrote:I'm not sure the Cowboys fans will welcome him with open arms. They are still upset with his antics on the star and I'm not sure coming to Dallas is the right fit for him.

Everyone needs to remember Dallas is NOT a pass happy team. Bill likes ball control which means run, run, run with limited passing. We saw it all year long. Yes, Dallas needs a solid #1 WR but TO will not be happy in this system.

I think the Cowboys make a move for Moulds once he's cleared of the Bills.


We may not welcome him with open arms, but we'll still welcome him. TO is going to Dallas... I think it's going to happen.

<-------- Here's one fan still mad about the star :-# (arrow's a little off, but consult avatar)


But do you honestly think TO will be happy in Bills system?
Image
Image

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 13949
Joined: 8 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lurking somewhere between here and there...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:59 pm

The_Captain wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
The_Captain wrote:I'm not sure the Cowboys fans will welcome him with open arms. They are still upset with his antics on the star and I'm not sure coming to Dallas is the right fit for him.

Everyone needs to remember Dallas is NOT a pass happy team. Bill likes ball control which means run, run, run with limited passing. We saw it all year long. Yes, Dallas needs a solid #1 WR but TO will not be happy in this system.

I think the Cowboys make a move for Moulds once he's cleared of the Bills.


We may not welcome him with open arms, but we'll still welcome him. TO is going to Dallas... I think it's going to happen.

<-------- Here's one fan still mad about the star :-# (arrow's a little off, but consult avatar)


But do you honestly think TO will be happy in Bills system?


Oh, quite the contrary. I think he'll throw a hissy fit that puts the mild "Keyshawn and Bledsoe" skirmish of last year to shame.

... I'm ever so glad to be a part of TO's master plan to destroy us...

Anyways, I'd like Moulds over in Dallas (Bledsoe to Eric again... awesome), but it won't happen. Though TO's no spring chicken, I think Jerry wants to get more youth at our corps. Moulds definitely does not fit that mould.

I think we sign TO to a contract I'm going to bitch about, keep Glenn for anither year or two, and draft another guy round one (or more likely, round two; I bet we trade down).
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby fantasizing » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:13 pm

louisianacajunsam wrote:bledsoes value is about to go up


Big time. Bledsoe had 3600+ passing yards and 23 TDs last season with an average receiving corps. They have a good offensive line and a strong running game. Bledsoe to TO is a good match.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1673
Joined: 30 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:27 pm

did anyone watch much of the eagles, donovan almost looked to him too much if that is possible, especially this year. seemed like he was targeted quite a bit to me.

Dawkins would lay into Owens he tried that crap at the Linc.

Eagles should trade for walker--won't happen though.

Javon is a tad different, because you aren't negotiating as equals when you are drafted. You have some leverage, but at the same time, you can outperform your contract in that situation. You simply have less say than your perceived ability. There is too much out of your control.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasizing » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:36 pm

eaglesrule wrote:did anyone watch much of the eagles, donovan almost looked to him too much if that is possible, especially this year. seemed like he was targeted quite a bit to me.
.


Thats true, especially this year before they axed TO. Last season the Eagles spread the ball around alot more, but early this season McNabb was scrambling around looking for TO seemingly on almost every play. But why not? TO's a damn threat to score a TD every damn time he catches the damn ball.

Going after Walker would be great for the Eagles. They should make a push hard for him. Forget Keyshawn, he's worthless. They need a big time reciever to replace TO. Walker fits the bill.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1673
Joined: 30 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:42 pm

TO is so tough. The eagles were awesome with him, and came damn close to winning the super bowl. I can only imagine if Donovan didn't have that idiot stretch where he got picked, it came back, and then he got picked again. Seemed like the eagles were moving it on them. But I digress.

The Eagles have always tended to spread it, there are tons of games with 7. 8 people making a catch.

But my uneducated opinion is that this year, Owens was fed the ball to keep him happy NOT to execute the gameplan--owing to all the preseason crap. I could be wrong, but something just felt off this year.

I'd Love Javon, and considering the loot and draft picks the eagles have, think it would be wise. I think its worth a second if you have to do it. A risk, but if he is healthy, would you draft him with a second, knowing what he could do? Of course. He and brown would suddenly be a young, exciting tandem. Still not happening though.

I think I am more curious where meshawn ends up than TO. TO is going to Dallas. All the pieces are in place, and it will be great to have him come to town. If TO thought he has heard catcalls before...
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2843
Joined: 3 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigGAME101 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:26 am

eaglesrule wrote:TO is so tough. The eagles were awesome with him, and came damn close to winning the super bowl. I can only imagine if Donovan didn't have that idiot stretch where he got picked, it came back, and then he got picked again. Seemed like the eagles were moving it on them. But I digress.

The Eagles have always tended to spread it, there are tons of games with 7. 8 people making a catch.

But my uneducated opinion is that this year, Owens was fed the ball to keep him happy NOT to execute the gameplan--owing to all the preseason crap. I could be wrong, but something just felt off this year.

I'd Love Javon, and considering the loot and draft picks the eagles have, think it would be wise. I think its worth a second if you have to do it. A risk, but if he is healthy, would you draft him with a second, knowing what he could do? Of course. He and brown would suddenly be a young, exciting tandem. Still not happening though.

I think I am more curious where meshawn ends up than TO. TO is going to Dallas. All the pieces are in place, and it will be great to have him come to town. If TO thought he has heard catcalls before...


If Javon is healthy, are you serious...I'll give a first and second, in the same draft if I have to. WRs are not like RBs in the NFL, they are far from the sure-thing when drafted, and if you have a no.1 like Javon, you keep him by all means necessary. Unfortunately for the Pack, they have not viewed this the same way, and as a result may lose one of the best big-play wideouts in the game.
Image

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 544
Joined: 4 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who gives a shi...

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 1:41 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact