Cowboys Cut Keyshawn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cowboys Cut Keyshawn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:00 am

I agree wholeheartedly. If you can get a tenured, talented and young wideout, there is no way you could get that for a second. Of course, you are really paying the second AND the big slary, which is why teams don't just trade away first and second round picks for established players. There is no way you could get a plyer of TO, or Javon's caliber in the bottom half of the first, or second--but you still have to pay them, and there are risks.

But If I am the eagles, I maybe trade a second this year, and think about next--pending physical. They are so far under the cap, and the cap gets another 7 million added next year too. This is one area where they can spend a bit.

I think TO to Dallas is probably a lock at this point.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:08 am

It will be interesting to see where Keyshawn goes next. He's still a really good receiver that many teams would want to have around. He's not nearly as big a hassle as TO is at this point.

If TO goes to Dallas, that would be some supreme irony...of course, these days TO would probably go anywhere as long as they paid him a ton of cash. :-D

Walker to the Eagles...sure why not.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:39 am

Keyshawn to Seattle would be a nice fit.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:46 am

VaderFin wrote:Keyshawn to Seattle would be a nice fit.

Keyshawn to KC maybe? Kennison is a turd, and KJ could be the possession guy with Samie Parker being the speed....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby VaderFin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:54 am

jayday wrote:

Keyshawn to KC maybe? Kennison is a turd, and KJ could be the possession guy with Samie Parker being the speed....

I could see that too. I like the new Av, JD. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:04 am

VaderFin wrote:
jayday wrote:

I could see that too. I like the new Av, JD. ;-D

i brought that up in the first page and it was discussed a little bit. there is a slim chance for no other reason than it's edwards in my mind but i don't see it happening. if we were to go after a WR in which is not likely then i would prefer it be moulds but i'd say the chances of us signing a FA WR or trading for a moulds if he is not released is about 10 percent as we have more pressing needs at cb de qb etc and have to sign picks yet. we in no way can afford to pay KEY at this point.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:44 pm

Here's food for thought...

Cowboys | Owens has not been scheduled for visit
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 09:21:16 -0800

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports while it has been speculated that the Dallas Cowboys will attempt to sign free agent WR Terrell Owens (Eagles), there are no immediate plans to bring him in for a visit. According to his publicist, Owens was at home in Atlanta Tuesday, March 14, and was unaware of any travel plans to Dallas. Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, did not take any phone calls from the media Tuesday.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SniperShot » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:46 pm

Very interesting the Cowboys are not moving on this. I wonder if TO has any other visits scheduled. Denver maybe?
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:13 pm

they probably aren't moving because they are constructing an air tight contract that will let them discipline him. After all the CBA just passed, and the eagles/bucs method was dissallowed.

Although some team could just assign him to special teams or something, and when he refused...
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby UTLonghorns » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:31 pm

Where does Keyshawn go now? I wouldn't mind seeing him in Tennesse, but thats unlikely, Titans are set with WR's right now.

I could see him somewhere..Miami? Kansas City?
NFC- San Fran?

Thoughts?
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk