2006 Offseason Needs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New Orleans Saints

2006 Offseason Needs

Moderator: Football Moderators

2006 Offseason Needs

Postby mikus » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:55 pm

I figured I would post what areas the Saints need the most help in this offseason:

Quarterback
Done deal. Drew Brees will anchor this position for many years to come. A great free agent signing by the Saints, who are making a statement to players around the league that New Orleans is back.

O-Line
Losing LeCharles Bentley is a huge blow. The Saints need to fill this gaping void with more than a serviceable player.

... more to come.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby The_Captain » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:46 pm

With Horn aging they need another WR to step up and become the next big thing. Stallworth was supposed to be that guy a couple of years ago but never really got of the schnide until this past season. Granted Brooks was awful but I think another good WR would be another need (in addition to shoring up the O-line).

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:46 pm

receiver is far down on the list...

CURRENT PRIORITIES:
1) defensive back - i didnt like fahkir brown much in the first place, but now who the heck is gonna play corner opposite mckenzie????
2) offensive left tackle - gandy is old but somewhat servicable (very average) so the only reason i list this as priority #2 is b/c we have a chance to draft the best tackle in over 7-8 years
3) offensive center - with one of the best centers in the league gone, i believe the saints can get the best center in the draft in the early second round of the draft (thats where they always get taken)
4) defensive tackle - sullivan is a straight up bust and brian young is only servicable (a good third tackle off the bench)..help us please
5) linebacker - fujita was a nice signing and hodge was a NICE DROP, so i could see a rotation at linebacker of using on the outside fujita, watson, and bockwholdt to go along with an inside rotation of fincher and mckinnon as being decent....however, there are a few very good linebackers in the draft and pretty much all of these prior mentioned guys are still average with the exception of fujita
6) offensive guard - both are weak..help
7) wide receiver - devrey henderson is decent, stallworth improving (ever since he learned how to stretch), and horn aging, although i believe he can still perform if he gets healthy
8) safety - bellamys old, and i havent seen much from mel mitchell or that dude from nebraska whos name has slipped my mind

so there ya go...i got wide receiver pretty darn low on the saints priority list b/c of so many other holes......

i think the best situation they could have is to just keep the #2 and draft d'brick with it, draft the best center in the draft with the second round pick, and hopefully sign a corner through free agency....if you dont fill all the holes, its ok, b/c a team cant be made perfect too easily in just one season
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:45 pm

Saints fans,
is there any way that you see yourselves taking HALOTI NGATA?? It would seem that this is a huge need for you guys although it might be a little early. Would you rather have Fergouson?
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:39 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Saints fans,
is there any way that you see yourselves taking HALOTI NGATA?? It would seem that this is a huge need for you guys although it might be a little early. Would you rather have Fergouson?

I would love to see us take Ngata, but I don't think we will trade down low enough for it to make sense. Most of the pundits seem to think that we won't trade down past 4 or 5.

One of our biggest problems has been run defense, and having a big, high motor DT like Ngata in the middle would do a lot to allow our linebackers to make plays.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby mattb47 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:33 am

onnestabe wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Saints fans,

I would love to see us take Ngata, but I don't think we will trade down low enough for it to make sense. Most of the pundits seem to think that we won't trade down past 4 or 5.

One of our biggest problems has been run defense, and having a big, high motor DT like Ngata in the middle would do a lot to allow our linebackers to make plays.

Even at 4 or 5 I think you guys could consider taking Ngata. He is predicted to go around the #7 spot in a lot of mocks so the #4 or #5 isn't a huge stretch. He would really help you guys.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:55 am

please no..a need no doubt but not so much as ot and lb and cb...

yea yea..we have gandy...he's sooo washed up...has anyone watched him play the last couple years?? straight up bad play..even almost lost his job to stinchcomb last year, and thats bad
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to New Orleans Saints