New Orleans Trading #2 Pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Orleans Trading #2 Pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Orleans Trading #2 Pick

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:32 pm

We all saw this as immiment after they signed Brees, but I'm curious as to who everyone thinks will move up. I heard in Minnesota that the Vikings may be poised to offer their 1st overall pick and newly acquired 2nd-round pick... which I'm sure sure if I like or not.

With the Texans possibility to draft Ferguson, Bush COULD fall to whoever gets this pick. However, I say the Raiders move up and select Leinart.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:40 pm

I think if the Texans stay put, they do the smart thing and take Ferguson. This means the Saints will trade down.

If someone trades with the Texans to the #1 overall, the Saints then stay put and take Ferguson.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby louisianacajunsam » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:36 pm

please o please o please let the saints stay put and still get ferguson...now that the texans must realize the saints want ferguson, they will most likely not trade down...
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:40 pm

All I have to say is that I hope whoever trades to the #2 pick takes Leinart. That will mean the Titans will take Cutler like I have wanted all along! ;-D

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:58 pm

TN_Titans_05 wrote:All I have to say is that I hope whoever trades to the #2 pick takes Leinart. That will mean the Titans will take Cutler like I have wanted all along! ;-D

You want Cutler more?
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:00 pm

I think the Saints might stay put and take Mario Williams. He is definitely worthy of the #2 pick, and they need all the help on defense that they can get....
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby jayday » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:17 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:I think the Saints might stay put and take Mario Williams. He is definitely worthy of the #2 pick, and they need all the help on defense that they can get....

Mario is my favorite player of this draft...but the Saints have Will Smith and Charles Grant, and another guy, can't remember his name that are all pretty good DE's....

So imo, they should take D'Brick and line him up opposite of Jamal Brown, last year's #1 pick....giving them arguably one of the best pairs of OT's in the league from the second they pick DBF...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:55 pm

I don't get it why the Texans, would take Ferguson. That is a total waste of a #1 overall pick. If they want Ferguson than they would trade down. Anyone I think that the saints should look and trade down slightly now that thye won't need to take a QB
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby vikingsfan11 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:56 pm

Well if the vikings do get this pick ill be able to swallow todays trade a little easier.......
vikingsfan11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:24 pm

GB Packer Fan 2004 wrote:I don't get it why the Texans, would take Ferguson. That is a total waste of a #1 overall pick. If they want Ferguson than they would trade down. Anyone I think that the saints should look and trade down slightly now that thye won't need to take a QB

Taking a QB or RB both of which are positions where they already have quality players would be less of a waste? The simple fact is, no one may be willing to trade with the Texans. And in that case, they really should make the pick that is best for their team, not the pick that will sell the most tickets/jerseys.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk