New Orleans Trading #2 Pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Orleans Trading #2 Pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:29 am

merc wrote:
This isn't Madden. If you trade or release a player, their entire bonus gets accelerated onto that year's cap. Can a team really take a $40M+ cap hit? Doubt it.
Oh well, just looking for some way out of this. If the Texans can't trade down, then I guess they'll have to take Bush... or win at least 8 games in 2006/7.

I wonder what DD's annual salary is and if they can trade him to Indy(or someone else) for a starting OL and MLB?

They can't trade Davis either. He just had a big signing bonus given to him last year which would make it pretty much impossible to trade him.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:32 am

I've read a couple of mock drafts now that have Houston taking D'Brick with the first pick. I have held the notion that the Texans will not take Reggie Bush No. 1 overall since college football ended, and I still think they won't. They need to take Ferguson, IMO. If they do this, the Saints pick at No. 2 still is very valuable as now they could position with teams who want Bush or Leinart.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby merc » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:34 am

I have held the notion that the Texans will not take Reggie Bush No. 1 overall since college football ended,
Spoken like a guy who has DD on his FF teams. :-D
I have him on a few of my teams too... 8-o
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mikus » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:39 am

merc wrote:
I have held the notion that the Texans will not take Reggie Bush No. 1 overall since college football ended,
Spoken like a guy who has DD on his FF teams. :-D
I have him on a few of my teams too... 8-o

well, it's the reason i traded for DD. a risk, i know, but i was not buying into the fear of reggie bush going to houston. until tags get up on the podium and says houston takes reggie bush, i will hold my ground on this.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby soupnazi » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:05 am

mikus wrote:I've read a couple of mock drafts now that have Houston taking D'Brick with the first pick. I have held the notion that the Texans will not take Reggie Bush No. 1 overall since college football ended, and I still think they won't. They need to take Ferguson, IMO. If they do this, the Saints pick at No. 2 still is very valuable as now they could position with teams who want Bush or Leinart.

Seems like they'd just stay put and take Bush or Mario Williams. I like Williams prospects better, but Bush would seem to be a better fit in their system. Kick returner, slash player, and insurance for Duece's recent injury troubles.

After the top 5 (Leinhart, Ferguson, Williams, Hawk, Bush), the talent drops a level. It's still good, but those guys have enormous pro potential.
soupnazi
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mikus » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:56 am

soupnazi wrote:
mikus wrote:I've read a couple of mock drafts now that have Houston taking D'Brick with the first pick. I have held the notion that the Texans will not take Reggie Bush No. 1 overall since college football ended, and I still think they won't. They need to take Ferguson, IMO. If they do this, the Saints pick at No. 2 still is very valuable as now they could position with teams who want Bush or Leinart.

Seems like they'd just stay put and take Bush or Mario Williams. I like Williams prospects better, but Bush would seem to be a better fit in their system. Kick returner, slash player, and insurance for Duece's recent injury troubles.

After the top 5 (Leinhart, Ferguson, Williams, Hawk, Bush), the talent drops a level. It's still good, but those guys have enormous pro potential.

Reggie Bush actually is my darkhorse candidate for the Saints to draft at No. 2. I think he would be a great complement to Deuce McAllister, especially since Deuce is coming off injury. A lot of people here are going to blast me for saying it, but I think the Saints could benefit greatly by taking Reggie Bush if he was available. He could make an immediate impact on this team, much like Deuce did his rookie year as a solid kick returner. I hold that Reggie Bush is a very real option for the Saints at No. 2.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Postby louisianacajunsam » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:58 am

i want brick but if hes gone, theres no way i could argue with the saints taking bush, especially since mcallister is coming off of an injury
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:21 pm

Isnt Deuce the 3rd highest paid RB?

That would be a lot of $$$ tied up in that position
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mnheadliner » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:39 pm

If the Vikings some how....some way....trade up to get one of the top 3 QB's I will be in football heaven...and that's after all this good stuff already!
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby UTLonghorns » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:32 pm

mnheadliner wrote:If the Vikings some how....some way....trade up to get one of the top 3 QB's I will be in football heaven...and that's after all this good stuff already!

I'll respond to that, after I stop staring at your sig.. 8-o
UTLonghorns
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk