New Orleans Trading #2 Pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Orleans Trading #2 Pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:46 pm

Saint's stay put and draft the Brick. No one wants Leinart enough to give up multiple picks for him.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:48 pm

mikus wrote:
merc wrote:
I have held the notion that the Texans will not take Reggie Bush No. 1 overall since college football ended,
Spoken like a guy who has DD on his FF teams. :-D
I have him on a few of my teams too... 8-o

well, it's the reason i traded for DD. a risk, i know, but i was not buying into the fear of reggie bush going to houston. until tags get up on the podium and says houston takes reggie bush, i will hold my ground on this.

Wow, serious blunder. No one passes on a unique talent like Reggie Bush. Is there another Manning brother up for drafting out there that we haven't heard about? Jeb Manning darkhorse for #1 overall?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby bigGAME101 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:13 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
mikus wrote:
merc wrote:
I have held the notion that the Texans will not take Reggie Bush No. 1 overall since college football ended,
Spoken like a guy who has DD on his FF teams. :-D
I have him on a few of my teams too... 8-o

well, it's the reason i traded for DD. a risk, i know, but i was not buying into the fear of reggie bush going to houston. until tags get up on the podium and says houston takes reggie bush, i will hold my ground on this.

Wow, serious blunder. No one passes on a unique talent like Reggie Bush. Is there another Manning brother up for drafting out there that we haven't heard about? Jeb Manning darkhorse for #1 overall?

D'Brick himself is a unique talent. The other top 3 backs all have the potential to be better pros than Bush, and at a lower price. Ferguson, on the other hand, is in a league of his own at the OL position. And people do pass on unique talents at RB like Bush, just ask Barry Sanders, Ricky Williams, and LaDanian Tomlinson. I think Houston plans to do everything possibly to get D'Brick, and the hope was to get him along with multiple picks by moving down. But if they are now forced to take him no.1 overall due to the Saints, then they should stay put and do so. He will help that team more than any other player in this draft.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:27 pm

mikus wrote:I've read a couple of mock drafts now that have Houston taking D'Brick with the first pick. I have held the notion that the Texans will not take Reggie Bush No. 1 overall since college football ended, and I still think they won't. They need to take Ferguson, IMO. If they do this, the Saints pick at No. 2 still is very valuable as now they could position with teams who want Bush or Leinart.

I totally agree. Taking any RB or any QB in the 1st round is like committing career suicide for Kubiak. You'll sink way too much money into 2 players at a position where only one can play at a given time, and still leave the 5 glaring holes in the offensive line unaddressed.

I think if they do trade down, they'll probably stockpile an extra 2nd rounder, and take a player like Vernon Davis since Ferguson will be gone, having the three early 2nd rounders to draft one or two linemen, and a defensive player.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby merc » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:31 pm

Once the Saints signed Brees, the Texans hope to trade down and get DBrick disappeared. Now, they probably have to stay where they are and just either take Brick or take Bush(as the best available player).
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig

[i]2006 Cafe TSN Ultimate Salary Cap Playoff Champion[/i]
merc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Timbathia » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:16 pm

maddog60 wrote:I totally agree. Taking any RB or any QB in the 1st round is like committing career suicide for Kubiak. You'll sink way too much money into 2 players at a position where only one can play at a given time, and still leave the 5 glaring holes in the offensive line unaddressed.

I think if they do trade down, they'll probably stockpile an extra 2nd rounder, and take a player like Vernon Davis since Ferguson will be gone, having the three early 2nd rounders to draft one or two linemen, and a defensive player.

After years in Denver, Kubiak would realise the importance of having a stellar o-line and defense, and I would guess if he had anything to do with the decision then he would not take Bush. But in reality some owners prefer to sell seats in the short-term rather than build a winning football team. I suppose in some weeks we will find out if in Kubiak's contract there were provisions for him to be able to make these sorts of decisions.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mnheadliner » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:30 am

UTLonghorns wrote:
mnheadliner wrote:If the Vikings some how....some way....trade up to get one of the top 3 QB's I will be in football heaven...and that's after all this good stuff already!

I'll respond to that, after I stop staring at your sig.. 8-o

Thanks man....some of my best work. Can you guess which one's my girlfriend? I wish....
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:58 am

ok, I realize that Bush may be the best player in the draft, but the texans dont need him. They have DD, and have wells and morency, both of whom are capable players should davis get injured.

They dont need at QB, Carr isnt all that bad. The main reason they had such a bad year last year was because the offensive line couldnt stop anyone from getting to carr, so he had about 3 seconds to get the ball out, or get sacked. This killed the pass game, which allowed defenses to stack up against the run.

So, if they can get some O-line help, they could be a pretty decent team, with some young talent, and work towards a playoff run in a couple years.

It would be stupid for them to do anything that doesnt invovle an Offensive lineman. Either draft fergusen, or trade the first pick for O LIne help.

I dont see how they can justify anything else. Reggie bush may be good, but behind the current oline, he wont do anything better than what DD did last year.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:36 pm

Carr was running for his life every time he snapped the ball last year. If the Texans can't trade the pick, they need to bite the bullet and take D'Brick #1 overall. Bush wont be able to do anything if the O-Line can't do anything to help him. I say the Texans take D'Brick in the first with the #1 overall and take another O-Linemen in the second to begin rebuilding their line.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:24 pm

Bush compared to Brick isn't even close IMO.

The most dangerous thing Kubiak could do is NOT draft Bush and then see him flourious elsewhere. Bush will instantly make the entire offense around him that much better because of what he does, virtually guaranteed. Brick could just as easily be the next Leonard Davis/Robert Gallery as compared to the next Orlando Pace. Now don't get me wrong, I think Brick is a very good prospect, and I think he will do well, but he isn't being compared to greatness and labeled "can't miss" like Bush. It wasn't even until recently, when NO fulfilled their need at QB, that there was talk of him even being a top3 prospect, let alone being the #1 overall.

Bush = BPA
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk