Rhodes will "get a chance" in the Colts Offense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rhodes will "get a chance" in the Colts Offense

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jayday » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:15 am

louisianacajunsam wrote:the reason i wont be drafting rhodes in the third is because i can name more than 36 players i would rather have in front of him which means someone else will be available.....

lets see...l.fitz, a.bolden, t.holt, m.harrison, s.smith, c.johnson, r.wayne, r.moss, t.owens, c.chambers, a.gates, h.ward, s.moss, plaxico burress, j.galloway....THATS 15 RIGHT THERE....

hmm...l.johnson, l.tomlinson, s.alexander, e.james, c.portis, t.barber, r.johnson, s.jackson, l.jordan, cady williams, ron brown, r.droughns, j.lewis, jul jones, reg bush, ches taylor, d.mcallister, dom davis, b.westbrook, c.dillon...THATS 20 RIGHT THERE.....

and....peyton manning and carson palmer....

that adds up to 37 players that i doubt i would ever draft rhodes in front of...im thinking mid fourth round pick if he looks like he will carry the load

I don't think Joey Galloway can do it again...way overvalued this year

Reggie Bush and Domanic Davis are going to be splitting carries behind an awful O-line....

Jamal Lewis looked awful last season and will be splitting with Mike Anderson...

Chester Taylor...until further notice, is in a RBBC with Mewelde Moore

I'd take Rhodes over these 5 in a heartbeat because he is playing in a great offense with a great line and he proved he was capable to carry the load the year Edge was injured....That's just my opinion though......

edited for spelling
Last edited by jayday on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MrTwo94 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:16 am

louisianacajunsam wrote:the reason i wont be drafting rhodes in the third is because i can name more than 36 players i would rather have in front of him which means someone else will be available.....

lets see...l.fitz, a.bolden, t.holt, m.harrison, s.smith, c.johnson, r.wayne, r.moss, t.owens, c.chambers, a.gates, h.ward, s.moss, plaxico burress, j.galloway....THATS 15 RIGHT THERE....

hmm...l.johnson, l.tomlinson, s.alexander, e.james, c.portis, t.barber, r.johnson, s.jackson, l.jordan, cady williams, ron brown, r.droughns, j.lewis, jul jones, reg bush, ches taylor, d.mcallister, dom davis, b.westbrook, c.dillon...THATS 20 RIGHT THERE.....

that adds up to 37 players that i doubt i would ever draft rhodes in front of...im thinking mid fourth round pick if he looks like he will carry the load

If Rhodes gets the bulk of the carries (not splitting w/Addai or whoever) then he'll outscore half of those guys, including James. If he's splitting them evenly, then he's worth about what Tatem Bell was last year (yes, Bell got less than half but his games were hit or miss).
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby louisianacajunsam » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:16 am

why not pursue marshall faulk again?? wouldnt faulk be interested in the possibility of resurrecting his career???--if only for a season or two
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby louisianacajunsam » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:20 am

now that i think about it, i forgot mcgahee and prob a couple others too
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby onnestabe » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:21 am

Ahhh, but you are forgetting the first rule of mock drafts -"assume you are smarter than everyone else in your league, whether you honestly think it is true or not" - just because there are 37 guys that you would draft in front of Rhodes, there are going to be 11 other owners (give or take) in your league that each have their own opinion of him (and because you obviously think your opinion is right, assume the other people are wrong). Some will think more highly of him than you, and some will take a more pessiistic view of him, but all it takes is one person that thinks he will have a breakout year for him to go in the second round.

I personally think he is going to be in a RBBC with Mungro and a rookie, so I don't really want to draft him at all. But if it turns out he is the starter and can be expected to get 75% of the RB touches for the Colts, I think he would be an excellent value in the mid-3rd round range.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby louisianacajunsam » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:23 am

others could be right and i could be wrong but i play in no leagues with people that visit this website....

so i'm not trying to fool anyone or give away my secrets..just offering my opinions
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Dude » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:34 am

Interesting posts in there... nice discussion guys. I'm particularly interested in this because I have Rhodes in a 12-team 4-player cafe keeper (so, the decision for me will be if Rhodes is worth a 4th round pick).

We'll have to wait and see how things pan out. There is always the possibility that he ends up being named the starter, but then is beat out for the job by a rook by mid-season. So, even in a best case scenario, I still think he carries considerable risk.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby MrTwo94 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:15 pm

The_Dude wrote:Interesting posts in there... nice discussion guys. I'm particularly interested in this because I have Rhodes in a 12-team 4-player cafe keeper (so, the decision for me will be if Rhodes is worth a 4th round pick).

We'll have to wait and see how things pan out. There is always the possibility that he ends up being named the starter, but then is beat out for the job by a rook by mid-season. So, even in a best case scenario, I still think he carries considerable risk.

Keep him and draft the rookie and you should be money in 2007 even if you do get stuck w/some sort of RBBC in 2006. Who knows? They could just pull a full switch (Rhodes gets the bulk for the first ~5 games and the rookie gets the bulk for the rest) and you'd be just as well off. I'd say you're in a good spot. The only way you really get burned is if they keep a RBBC through 2007. I'd think by then they'd have a clear starter. But that also depends on if you've got another stud you'd be dropping by keeping Rhodes. My 12 team only keeps 3 so we can't gamble on players like Rhodes.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:32 pm

Rhodes will have to hold his job against the first round rookie they will be drafting.
---

P.S. - Totally off topic, but I see this in a lot of threads. Carson Palmer an early pick? Coming off major surgery late late late in the year? The guy may not be ready until week 6 ala Michael Vick a few years ago. Palmer's value, and all Bengal's values are low right now, especially now that Kitna is officially gone and they have no backup QB.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk