Aaron Brooks - where does he end up? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Aaron Brooks - where does he end up?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:34 pm

onnestabe wrote:And instead of picking up the system during the season and getting better, he seemed to get worse. (and besides, who is going to give a one year deal to a guy that is going to take mutiple years to learn the system?)

That is one thing I remember about Brooksy he would start strong and then just seem to fall apart. Maybe it is his mental aptitude or lack there of, he is related to Marcus Vick after all.

He'll find work somewhere, probably his starting days are over unless someone in front of him gets injured.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:41 pm

its not as if that team hasn't had offensive talent anyway. he has had a back to take the load off in deuce, a game breaking receiver in joe horn, and a nice TE dump off in Boo Williams. The team has been bad the past few years, but when you have a decent amount of talent, when do you look to the qb?

He will probably get one more shot to start, with some team thinking "its NO" --then he will be medicore and fall into a backup role. He isn't bad, he isn't good. He is the epitome of the mediocre starting nfl qb. although I think he would be one of the best backups.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dream_017 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:44 pm

Santacruzer wrote:I don't think most of you are giving Brooks enough credit. Yes, last season he was terrible, but he was learning a new system.

If you look at his previous 4 years, he threw for more than 3500 yards every season, and more than 20 TDs in each of them.

2001 - 3832 yards - 26TDs - 22INTs
2002 - 3572 yards - 27TDs - 15INTs
2003 - 3546 yards - 24TDs - 8INTs
2004 - 3810 yards - 21TDs - 16INTs
2005 - 2882 yards - 13TDs - 17INTs

Even last year he almost had 3000 yards, despite only playing 13 games, and having a terrible season.

I agree that some of his decision making, and ball control skills need to be improved, but he could still perform as a starter for several teams. If he were to follow his OC to GB (if Favre retires), I think he would be a great fit to start/backup Aaron Rodgers while he gets adjusted to the NFL. Brooks knows McCarthy's system, and any QB that could go in and throw for over 3500 yards, and have more TDs than INTs would be a benefit to that team. Plus, he would be relatively cheap. :-)

Most of those stats were put up in a dome also. I don't think he would put up close to those numbers in the frozen tundra

Last year at GB he went 9-22 146 yards and 2 INTs

Last year:
indoors 5 games; 6 TDs 4 INTs
outdoors 8 games; 7 TDs 13 INTs
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:33 pm

Do those stats include the yards lost throwing backwards to an O-lineman? :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:37 pm

seriously. a turnover or more a game isn't really that great, since he isn't doubling that on td's.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:44 pm

dream_017 wrote:Most of those stats were put up in a dome also. I don't think he would put up close to those numbers in the frozen tundra

I know. Even Aaron Brooks would have trouble matching Favre's INT total last season...
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Steve_L » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:55 pm

I think Miami should definitly go after him since Daunte will be out for a while. If not Maimi, maybe the Jets? Will be interesting. He's obviously got talent, as inconsistant as hes been, he has talent.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby vikingsfan11 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:39 pm

eaglesrule wrote:its not as if that team hasn't had offensive talent anyway. he has had a back to take the load off in deuce, a game breaking receiver in joe horn, and a nice TE dump off in Boo Williams. The team has been bad the past few years, but when you have a decent amount of talent, when do you look to the qb

I guess you missed the part that they all 3 of them were injured some piont last yr and boo and deuce are always seemingly injured but anyways brooks is a lot better then your average qb, yea he has his mistakes but I'm willing to bet he starts again very soon, in fact I wish the vikings pick this guy up
vikingsfan11
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:43 pm

If Brooks goes cheaply somewhere, it may be a better deal than the Fins got for Culpepper. He's starting quality (QB is a lot thinner than RB, let's face it), and plenty of teams could upgrade by acquiring him. Especially since the buzz dying down makes it look like he might only cost half of what Brees did...
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:58 pm

vikingsfan11 wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:its not as if that team hasn't had offensive talent anyway. he has had a back to take the load off in deuce, a game breaking receiver in joe horn, and a nice TE dump off in Boo Williams. The team has been bad the past few years, but when you have a decent amount of talent, when do you look to the qb

I guess you missed the part that they all 3 of them were injured some piont last yr and boo and deuce are always seemingly injured but anyways brooks is a lot better then your average qb, yea he has his mistakes but I'm willing to bet he starts again very soon, in fact I wish the vikings pick this guy up

I didn't miss that part. I am talking about his body of work. He has less than a 2:1 td to pick ratio and his teams never seem any better than 8-8 and he makes stupid, stupid mistakes a lot of time.

He is undoubtably talents, but inconsistently so. Funny, his numbers are inconsistently consistent. His numbers are always in the same range, but you never know what to get any given day.

Last year was a freebee for anyone on NO, explain the other years.

IMO, the guy with talent, but is inconsistent is the most dangerous type of guy to have. You are always seduced by his talent, can't cut the cord, and hard to game plan for. Do you dumb it down, or hope he can harness the talent? It puts you in a straddle the line position, where as maybe with a more predictabl, but less talented guy, you can build the team in such a way as to account for that.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk