Aaron Brooks - where does he end up? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Aaron Brooks - where does he end up?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:36 pm

Pro Bowl talent QB without the smarts to get it done on the field. Good coaching could do the trick.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:44 pm

I hope he doesn't come to Min, he could work as the next overpaid Qb in Oakland to come in and throw balls to the other team tho. And cheaper than Collins was too!
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:59 pm

In theory, one would think to be "pro bowl" talent, one would have to be top 6 in the nfl, if each pro bowl team takes three.

I'd venture to say that Manning, Brady, McNabb, Bulger, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, a healthy Culpepper, Carson Palmer, Brees, Trent Green, Roethlisberger, Farve, Brad Johnson (I'd rather have him for next year than brooks), Leftwhich, Plummer are all definitely better right now than he is. I'll throw back BJ if I had to. And if I was looking for a qb right now, I'd also rather have sims and eli, and maybe vick, although I am not high on him.

I think this places him in the talented, but mediocre bunch--not "pro bowl" That is 18 QBs out of 32 teams. By definition, he is average to below average. If you take back simms and eli, he is right at the median.

That to me isn't something to get too excited about. Heck vick had a better passing rating than him this year, and David Carr bested Brooks in passer rating the year before. He had a good year before that. Then in 2002, such luminaries as jay fiedler, tommy maddox, and an early michael vick exceeded his rating. I know passer rating isn't the be all and end all, but still. They guy hovers around that 80 mark, which would be fineif he didn't trun it over, made the plays and won games, but he doesn't.

And this is bad, as I actually like brooks and would like him to come to philly.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:34 am

eaglesrule wrote:IMO, the guy with talent, but is inconsistent is the most dangerous type of guy to have. You are always seduced by his talent, can't cut the cord, and hard to game plan for. Do you dumb it down, or hope he can harness the talent? It puts you in a straddle the line position, where as maybe with a more predictabl, but less talented guy, you can build the team in such a way as to account for that.

This sounds like the same thing that could be said for Culpepper :-? . 86 INTs and 81 fumbles (33 lost) in 81 games :-o yikes.

(Brooks BTW, has 84 INTs and 59 fumbles (21 lost) in 85 games)
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:41 am

Last year was obviously Brooks worst... but he can easily be a 3,000 yard 25 TD QB with the right system.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:03 am

again, he could have 22 turnovers to go with the 3000 yards, 25 td's. He is adequate, with flashes of brilliance.

As far as culpepper goes, I agree to some degree. He does have an ungodly amount of turnovers in general, and his teams never really seemed to crack the 8-8 mark. And considering in their day, the vikes o was about as talented as the colts was, (in general mind you) I never figured it out. Their d wasn't as good, but neither was their conference.

Cpepp is hard to argue about, monster stats andmonster talent, but something doesn't sit right with me. He had that one stretch without moss that was good, another that wasn't so good. But then frerrote had a good stretch with moss. And it seemed culpepper got totally stymied those two times they played the eagles a season or so ago.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk