Dolphins make Minor deal... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Dolphins make Minor deal...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dolphins make Minor deal...

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:35 am

Dolphins | T. Minor re-signs with team
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 07:56:53 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Miami Dolphins have re-signed free agent RB Travis Minor (Dolphins) to a two-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not available.


Couldn't help myself... sorry. :-D

I know they were trying to re-sign FA Sammy Morris as well... do they really need both?
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby logan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:38 am

yesterday mawae cpepp brees givens etc and today minor. when will the insanity stop?
Image
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7273
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Dude » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:41 am

This has to tell us that the Dolphins are not optimistic about Ricky winning his appeal, doesn't it?
Image

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 3481
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby logan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:44 am

The_Dude wrote:This has to tell us that the Dolphins are not optimistic about Ricky winning his appeal, doesn't it?


that would be my only guess unless they know he will win and then intend to ship him to denver. i think the only thing hoilding up that trade is the appeal. perhaps just hedging their bets.
Image
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7273
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:48 am

The_Dude wrote:This has to tell us that the Dolphins are not optimistic about Ricky winning his appeal, doesn't it?


No. You need more then 2 RBs on your roster and he plays special teams.

I find it funny that cowboys slammed on someone for posting a minor signing thread and then continues to do so himself. B-)
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:51 am

VaderFin wrote:
The_Dude wrote:This has to tell us that the Dolphins are not optimistic about Ricky winning his appeal, doesn't it?


No. You need more then 2 RBs on your roster and he plays special teams.

I find it funny that cowboys slammed on someone for posting a minor signing thread and then continues to do so himself. B-)


a) I apoligized in my opening title... I just love the horrible pun it implies
b) which one exactly did I "slam?"
c) i do recall making fun of McCown visiting NO... not a signing thread
d) I've got nothin' for d. just wanted to look cool.
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby VaderFin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:55 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
The_Dude wrote:This has to tell us that the Dolphins are not optimistic about Ricky winning his appeal, doesn't it?


No. You need more then 2 RBs on your roster and he plays special teams.

I find it funny that cowboys slammed on someone for posting a minor signing thread and then continues to do so himself. B-)


a) I apoligized in my opening title... I just love the horrible pun it implies
b) which one exactly did I "slam?"
c) i do recall making fun of McCown visiting NO... not a signing thread
d) I've got nothin' for d. just wanted to look cool.


I think you are just upset that you didn't get to start any of the good threads yesterday. :-D ;-)
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:01 pm

VaderFin wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
The_Dude wrote:This has to tell us that the Dolphins are not optimistic about Ricky winning his appeal, doesn't it?


No. You need more then 2 RBs on your roster and he plays special teams.

I find it funny that cowboys slammed on someone for posting a minor signing thread and then continues to do so himself. B-)


a) I apoligized in my opening title... I just love the horrible pun it implies
b) which one exactly did I "slam?"
c) i do recall making fun of McCown visiting NO... not a signing thread
d) I've got nothin' for d. just wanted to look cool.


I think you are just upset that you didn't get to start any of the good threads yesterday. :-D ;-)


Upset? I woke up at 5 p.m. yesterday smelling of booze from drinking and playing NCAA until dawn. Not exactly too many happenings going on the "wire" at 8 pm EST.

I'll assume that was an attempt at humor and we'll get on with our lives, but seriously man, what's your angle? :-?
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby SniperShot » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:40 pm

I never start threads by the time I find out about anything it's been posted here for 5 hours. I'm done checking other football sites this forum is all I need to keep up with all the signings!

And this was for sure one Minor signing. Glad we all know Travis Minor has resigned with the Fins. He'll be a huge fantasy impact next season for sure.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:19 pm

SniperShot wrote:And this was for sure one Minor signing. Glad we all know Travis Minor has resigned with the Fins. He'll be a huge fantasy impact next season for sure.


You know what, he may not be huge but if the fins can get some passing offense going then Minor may be a serviceable WW pickup maybe even a last pick. Especially with the Ricky situation looming.

To qutoe Chuck Berry . . . it goes to show you never can tell.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8272
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 20:26 hours
(and 53 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact