Eagles WR situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eagles WR situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

Eagles WR situation

Postby Heimholder » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:52 pm

From cbssportsline.com:

Reggie Brown, WR PHI

News: With the release of Terrell Owens, Reggie Brown is now the Eagles' No. 1 wide receiver. However, the team is expected to make a move at the position in the offseason. Keyshawn Johnson is now on the market and could be an option.

Analysis: At this point, Brown, a talented wideout with serious potential, is worth a middle-round selection.

Do you honestly think the Eagles are ready for Keyshawn after their ordeal with TO? And if not Keyshawn, then what else can they do at this point to bolster their WR corps? This year's draft is not exactly busting at the seams with immediate-impact receivers.

I'm thinking they'll pick up a lesser WR to complement Reggie, and probably just get LJ in the mix more. Right now I'm liking the "under the radar" status of all of the Eagles main players - McNabb, Westbrook, Reggie, & LJ. They will be underrated in many drafts this year and become bigtime value picks. Getting the TO thing behind them and getting everyone healthy will do wonders for that club IMO.

Thoughts?
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:55 pm

what about Greg Lewis?

i dont see Brown as a #1 WR...i think the Eagles need to make a move
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:56 pm

Don't bet on the eagles flying under the radar, you'll see when draft time comes around westbrook and Mcscrapple will both go late 2nd -3rd round, reggie will go in the 5th. these are not unknowns.

As far as keyshawn to phily, well I seriously doubt it. TO to dallas is more likely.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:57 pm

honestly, brown has a lot of potential. his stats were better than randel els this year, and I thought given the disarray and qb carousel, acquitted himself nicely, considering first-year wrs don't do that well in general, and especially in a reid offense.

That said, I think they will do something. brown, lewis, pinky, mcmullen, mccants isn't getting the job done, period. if brown were to go down, it would be ugly.

I honestly think they are saving their coin for when moulds gets the spite cut after the draft, and people have spent their money.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Eagles WR situation

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:58 pm

Heimholder wrote:Right now I'm liking the "under the radar" status of all of the Eagles main players - McNabb, Westbrook, Reggie, & LJ. They will be underrated in many drafts this year and become bigtime value picks.

Before TO, Eagles' WRs were pretty much undraftable. Pinkston, Thrash, Greg Lewis, etc. TE Chad Lewis led the team in receptions in 2000 and Duce Staley led the team twice (1998 and 2001).

I'd be pretty careful about drafting WRs. There is no guarantee that they will do well.

McNabb and Westbrook will be great fantasy players, LJ Smith should be an adequate TE, but I wouldn't get hyped over the WRs.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:59 pm

eaglesrule wrote:I honestly think they are saving their coin for when moulds gets the spite cut after the draft, and people have spent their money.

That would seem to make the most sense. Moulds still has enough left in the tank, especially with McNabb at the helm.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:00 pm

makes me wonder if they are going two tight end sets, move westy around against a LB, have moats in the backfield sometimes. You do that, and use pinky (sucks but fast) to stretch the field, you can do some things. Not as many things as having a real wr corps, but still.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FanFootHeadBusta » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:07 pm

I think the Eagles should sign Aaron Brooks and make him the starter. Then slot Moats as the starting tailback and put McNabb and Westbrook as recievers. Put Trotter in as fullback and Andy Reid as LB. That would be a very confusing offense to play against.

"It's crazy enough that it just might work" - Isaah Thomas after trading for Francis.
FanFootHeadBusta
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:18 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Don't bet on the eagles flying under the radar, you'll see when draft time comes around westbrook and Mcscrapple will both go late 2nd -3rd round, reggie will go in the 5th. these are not unknowns.

As far as keyshawn to phily, well I seriously doubt it. TO to dallas is more likely.

keyshawn and TO on one team??? sounds like a formula for disaster to me.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:11 pm

FanFootHeadBusta wrote:I think the Eagles should sign Aaron Brooks and make him the starter. Then slot Moats as the starting tailback and put McNabb and Westbrook as recievers. Put Trotter in as fullback and Andy Reid as LB. That would be a very confusing offense to play against.

"It's crazy enough that it just might work" - Isaah Thomas after trading for Francis.

I think McNabb wins the fullback job in that scheme. His Chunky Soup factor just cannot be overlooked.
Reggie Brown is a talented player and can develop into a no. 1. Westbrook is still the primary option in the passing game, and LJ smith is probably the second option. The TEs from before TO got so much love, and with lewis out of the picture, LJ smith looks like a lock for 70-80 receptions next year. Reggie brown could have some stellar games, but I think he doesn't fully produce until 2007.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk