Eagles WR situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eagles WR situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Dude » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:18 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:Don't bet on the eagles flying under the radar, you'll see when draft time comes around westbrook and Mcscrapple will both go late 2nd -3rd round, reggie will go in the 5th. these are not unknowns.

As far as keyshawn to phily, well I seriously doubt it. TO to dallas is more likely.

keyshawn and TO on one team??? sounds like a formula for disaster to me.

I think you missed the post about the Cowboys releasing Me-Shawn.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby jayday » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:19 pm

I still say they'll make a run at Moulds...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:30 pm

yeah, they could make a move for moulds.

Or, if they are interested in trades, Javon Walker wants out of GB, and says he will retire before he plays in GB again.

So, they may be looking to trade him, and the eagles could be desperate enough to make an offer. Not sure what they could send over to GB, but i am sure they can work something out.

Walker is going to get traded at some point, and i think the eagles have the most need right now.

I could actually see keyshawn ending up in GB as well, assuming they can make a deal and trade walker

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:48 pm

Personally, I'm disappointed that the Eagles didn't do anything to address their WR issues. The two remaining options however are the most enticing should the Eagles pull either one off.

1) Bills cut Moulds. Eagles sign Moulds as their #1, draft a WR in the 1st day, and in 2 years or so that guy and Reggie Brown take over starting jobs.

2) The Eagles trade for Javon Walker. I would be happy sending over as much as a 2nd round pick for Walker (I think that's more than reasonable for an injured player that GB would get nothing for if he retires). Then Walker, if healthy, can take over as the #1 WR and him and Reggie Brown will make a dynamic young duo for plenty of years.

If they don't acquire either of these guys, avoid the Eagles WRs. Brown and Lewis are huge upgrades over Thrash and Pinkston, but Brown is too young to take a chance on until the later rounds of a draft, and Greg Lewis is a lot like Eric Parker this past year. He's a good player on the team, but it doesn't translate into fantasy points very well.

Westbrook, McNabb, and LJ Smith should all be good value no doubt. Westbrook has been underrated the past 2 years running, and there is no way he should fall past mid-2nd round, but without TO people might get scared. LJ Smith was putting up solid starting TE numbers until McNabb and the rest of the offense went out with injuries, so he's been slightly forgotten. Nice option if you dont want to overpay for McMichael, Cooley, etc.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:12 am

maddog60 wrote:Personally, I'm disappointed that the Eagles didn't do anything to address their WR issues.

Still plenty of time left....draft, June 1st cuts, etc.

Personally, the FA WRs pretty much sucked. I wouldn't want them to overpay for some #2 WR/KR on a running team.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:18 am

Gaffney is another good #3 and maybe ok #2...probably ok with McNabbl throwing him the ball. I definitely see the Eagles drafting a WR or 2 high in the draft.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:25 am

the thing that gets me is the "list"--instead of taking chris chambers, chad johnson, or reggie wayne, the eagles got freddie mitchell. A ton of these recent problems would have been allieviated. I'd be pretty down with even chambers and brown at this point.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk