Harrington Wants Out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Harrington Wants Out

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Atog » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:13 pm

To me, Mlive isn't exactly the best source out there. To me, Joey doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would request a trade, period.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:54 pm

Wow, going from Harrington/Garcia to Kitna/McCown. That'd be one heck of an improvement at QB in just one off-season.

When you suck, perennially, for 4 years straight, no matter what you think the cause is, you are in no position to demand anything short of the right to not be cannibalized by your teammates. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of the Harrington experiment, and Detroit can become a viable fantasy offense.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Calyxes » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:13 pm

I just do not take Joey as the type who would ask for a trade. Is playing for another team worth taking such a huge paycut? I do not think so. There has to be more to this or this is false.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Steve_L » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:17 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Steve_L wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
Steve_L wrote:What a fool. I think some players might be reacting to the success of Daunte's request because since he wanted out, 2 additional people have pleaded for a trade/release. Javon was before the actual trading of Daunte, but the Vikings did respond willingly and I truly think Harrington is doing it because he saw Daunte was able to do it and Harrington probably thinks a fresh start with a new team is the best thing forward, which it probably is.

If you think it probably is a fresh start for him, why is he a fool? :-?

Because he's in no position to request a trade. A QB who is essencially a second string guy has no right to request a trade whether it is good for him or not. Espcially a guy who was supposed to be the franchise of the team.

The locker room is and has been against Harrington and he was never put in a situation to succeed. He is in a position to demand a trade although I would be happy making the money he would make if he were to stay, even as a back-up.

If he's overpaid how is he in a position to demand a trade :-? .
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:34 pm

Calyxes wrote:I just do not take Joey as the type who would ask for a trade. Is playing for another team worth taking such a huge paycut? I do not think so. There has to be more to this or this is false.

I agree somewhat, plus why would he chance losing the millens of dollars he will get paid here. The only way it makes sense to me is that Joey is tired of playing for a team that doesn't like him.
Last year when Benidict Bly started pointing fingers at Joey (when he wasn't chasing after Chad Johnson for his shoes) there were very few players that came out backing Joey. That is a killer. I wouldn't want to play for teammates that I knew didn't believe in me, and I don't think Joey does either.

I of course would win my teammates over by spending some of my $4 Millen dollar bonus on private cruises on the good ship Lap Dance, but that's just me.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Calyxes » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:39 pm

If he does leave how much more would the Lions be under the salary cap?
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:28 pm

Calyxes wrote:If he does leave how much more would the Lions be under the salary cap?

I havent seen the cap since the signings or sat down and figured it out. A trade would really help us out but if we cut him they must do it before June 1 to save the 4 mil roster bonus.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:17 pm

Uhhh... who exactly would want Harrington?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Steve_L » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:20 pm

terpfan wrote:Uhhh... who exactly would want Harrington?

:-b My hope is nobody so his bloated self-esteem can be shattered.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:51 pm

Joey Blue Skies will be lucky to get a 2nd QB job at this point anywhere else in the league, but hey he could just try out for everyone like Tim Couch does I suppose. Maybe he could go coach with Leaf to teach the kids what NOT to do
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk