Harrington Wants Out - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Harrington Wants Out

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Ydub » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:20 am

terpfan wrote:Uhhh... who exactly would want Harrington?

The Chiefs organization have been enamored with him for years. Dick Vermeil's affection for Harrington is well known in KC (thought he was a far better prospect than Carr) and Carl Peterson has gone public with a positive comment or two. The general consensus has been that Harrington has been mishandled and stuck in an environment, situation, and "scheme" where he (or anyone else) simply can't succeed. I don't necessarily feel that way and it remains to be seen whether the current coaching staff holds the same opinion. But I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he was wearing a Chiefs uni at some point.
"Napoleon is not only a provider for his family; he’s an attacker on the field." - Napoleon Harris' website bio
Ydub
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:23 am

Ydub wrote:

The Chiefs organization have been enamored with him for years. Dick Vermeil's affection for Harrington is well known in KC (thought he was a far better prospect than Carr) and Carl Peterson has gone public with a positive comment or two. The general consensus has been that Harrington has been mishandled and stuck in an environment, situation, and "scheme" where he (or anyone else) simply can't succeed. I don't necessarily feel that way and it remains to be seen whether the current coaching staff holds the same opinion. But I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he was wearing a Chiefs uni at some point.

But Verliel is gone, and KC signed CFL backup QB Casey Printers. And you know as well as I do, that a backup QB in the CFL IS better than Harrington.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:08 am

as bad as the guy has shown to be, i'm sure most teams would love to have him as a #2 QB for the right price. someone will take a crack at this guy if he's cut
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:06 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:

as bad as the guy has shown to be, i'm sure most teams would love to have him as a #2 QB for the right price. someone will take a crack at this guy if he's cut

Absolutely! Of course, Joey's looking to be a starter. He better learn fast that his role in the NFL isn't as a #1 QB at this point in time. Just because he got picked in the top five of the draft doesn't mean he is a good player...he's going to have to show something with his new team in order for them to consider an open QB competition (unless the existing QB isn't great either! :-o).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:58 am

mlive wrote: "Now he's being told by a coach with an superb resume that, in essence, he just wasted four years of his life"

No No No. They've got it wrong Joey didn't waste four years of HIS life; he wasted four years worth of Lions fans' time. He's one of the main ingredients in what made the Lions sink into the toilet.

Now he wants to jump ship when it looks promising for some measure of a turnaround? Not up for the challenge Joey?

If he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude for this and wants to run away, he's demonstrating his true character.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:25 pm

Think about it. We currently have 5 quarterbacks on our roster. We signed Shaun King seemingly out of nowhere. What if all of the Quarterback Hijinks lately has been a plot to get Joey to renegociate his contract? Probably just wishful thinking on my part.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:29 pm

Atog wrote:Think about it. We currently have 5 quarterbacks on our roster. We signed Shaun King seemingly out of nowhere. What if all of the Quarterback Hijinks lately has been a plot to get Joey to renegociate his contract? Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Renegociate for what? The guy is done here, the fans dont respect him, his teammates dont respect him and a coach who turned a grocery bagger into a MVP QB doesnt repect him. Its time for Joey to go.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby D3C4K » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:00 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Atog wrote:Think about it. We currently have 5 quarterbacks on our roster. We signed Shaun King seemingly out of nowhere. What if all of the Quarterback Hijinks lately has been a plot to get Joey to renegociate his contract? Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Renegociate for what? The guy is done here, the fans dont respect him, his teammates dont respect him and a coach who turned a grocery bagger into a MVP QB doesnt repect him. Its time for Joey to go.

I think that sums it up nicely. What bothers me most about Harrington isn't that he's stinking it up, it's that he has the nerve to gripe and get pissy whenever someone suggests that he needs to improve. He acts as though he's playing well, and should be left alone until he gets to where he wants to be. He feels insulted when people talk about benching him when he throws for five interceptions in a game. The media points to his poor performance in losses and he swears he doing just fine and everything will eventually work out. Meanwhile coaches and players around him are losing their jobs due to said performance, and the ones that are still around are losing faith in him. It'd probably be best for him to just listen to some of Martz' input, take some advice and do everything he can to become the qb he believes he can be. I think he can still be great, but only if he shuts his mouth, opens his ears, and work to improve and become good, rather than thinking he already is good.
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby awwchrist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:52 pm

saundman2000 wrote:[No No No. They've got it wrong Joey didn't waste four years of HIS life; he wasted four years worth of Lions fans' time. He's one of the main ingredients in what made the Lions sink into the toilet.

Now he wants to jump ship when it looks promising for some measure of a turnaround? Not up for the challenge Joey?

If he doesn't have the intestinal fortitude for this and wants to run away, he's demonstrating his true character.

Ironic thing is, you're like bizarro me. My player (hutch) is good. Your's stinks. Both of them don't want to play for our respective teams.

However, I don't want my good player to come back if he doesn't want to be in Seahawk blue.

Meanwhile, you're clammoring for your crappy player to return?

:-?
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:16 pm

I think you may have it backwards. Maybe it was Harrington forcing the Lions hand. He could have simply told them "I am not restructuring my contract, I want to be traded". It's possible after the embarrassement of last season he decided he had to get out of Millen's house of horrors.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk