Seahawks, DT Rocky Bernard Agree To 3-Year Deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seahawks, DT Rocky Bernard Agree To 3-Year Deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:23 pm

Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:15 pm

The Seahawks fought off the Kansas City Chiefs on Wednesday and kept defensive tackle Rocky Bernard by reaching a three-year, $13 million deal that included a $5.4 million signing bonus. Bernard is coming off an 8½-sack season and also had his best season stopping the run. The Chiefs flew in Bernard on Tuesday and were trying to talk him into a contract. The Seahawks kept in touch the entire time and wouldn't let him go.

I really like this move by the Hawks, he did great last year and got better as the season went on.....my only question is with the contact and $5.4 million signing bonus, does it maybe give hints that the hawks arnt going to match the offer to Hutch??? anyone's thoughts on this?
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:24 pm

damn
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Re: Seahawks, DT Rocky Bernard Agree To 3-Year Deal

Postby Steve_L » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:50 pm

Alkaholik wrote:

Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:15 pm

The Seahawks fought off the Kansas City Chiefs on Wednesday and kept defensive tackle Rocky Bernard by reaching a three-year, $13 million deal that included a $5.4 million signing bonus. Bernard is coming off an 8½-sack season and also had his best season stopping the run. The Chiefs flew in Bernard on Tuesday and were trying to talk him into a contract. The Seahawks kept in touch the entire time and wouldn't let him go.

I really like this move by the Hawks, he did great last year and got better as the season went on.....my only question is with the contact and $5.4 million signing bonus, does it maybe give hints that the hawks arnt going to match the offer to Hutch??? anyone's thoughts on this?

Yea I couldn't really see them resigning hutch before this b/c of the ridiculous contract and now after this, a very slim possibility in my mind. Good re-signing though be the Seahawks.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby awwchrist » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:24 pm

Hutch is as good as gone.

Three more years of the shakedown. Hopefully we'll see it again and again and again...

Great contract terms imo. That seemed very reasonable.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheOneManShow 26 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:29 pm

Another FA DT off the market.

Thank You madaslives911
TheOneManShow 26
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:03 am

I heard several interviews on the local sports radio station in the weeks prior to the March 3rd FA start time. They all said don't expect all three of Hutch, Alexander, and Bernard to be back. We would only be able to get 2 of the 3. Everyone was saying Hutch/Alexander or Hutch/Bernard. No one mentioned Alexander/Bernard being the two.

I also remember an interview with Tim Ruskell. He said he could see no scenario where Hutch would not be a Seahawk next year. :-?
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Nilmerf » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:26 am

Yeahhh, everyone knows I love "The Shakedown"! That is a good price for a solid DT, because they don't come cheap. Could it have been anything to do with pulling up lame in the Super Bowl?
Nilmerf
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:36 am

SeaWolf wrote:I also remember an interview with Tim Ruskell. He said he could see no scenario where Hutch would not be a Seahawk next year. :-?

Someone obviously changed their mind.

And it wasn't Tim. :-b
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk