Carl Poston - suspended for two years - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Carl Poston - suspended for two years

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carl Poston - suspended for two years

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:34 pm

Rotoworld.com wrote:The NFLPA Committee on Agent Regulation and Discipline has voted to suspend agent Carl Poston for two years.
Poston memorably said he didn't read the final copy of LaVar Arrington's old contract, in which he claimed the Redskins omitted a $6.5 million roster bonus. Other famous Poston Brothers clients include Ty Law, Charles Woodson, Kellen Winslow, and Julian Peterson.

Did a search and didn't find this as a topic.

Interesting to see how this affects a few of these FA's. I'm hoping it makes Peterson easier to sign back to the team.
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:35 pm

I mentioned awhile ago that there was a good chance this would happen and people scoffed at me. Of course, he will probably just continue through his brother. I see a great cartoon coming out of this.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:36 pm

I personally didn't know that agents could be suspended. Sorry I missed your post :)

What do you guys think this means to the likes of Law, Peterson, etc?
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby VaderFin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:46 pm

proKrastinate wrote:I personally didn't know that agents could be suspended. Sorry I missed your post :)

What do you guys think this means to the likes of Law, Peterson, etc?

Oh it was weeks ago so you really didn't miss much. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:07 am

This is hilarious to me... what a moron. The Postons are bad for the NFL.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:56 am

I hate the Postons with a burning passion. I prefer drawing and quartering to a suspension though.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:11 am

portisfan24 wrote:I hate the Postons with a burning passion. I prefer drawing and quartering to a suspension though.

I completely agree with that sentiment. Those two are a menace to work with and shouldn't be allowed to function at the NFL level. Nice to see at least one of them got their due.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:15 am

I'm missed something here. What did he do? I agree he's an idiot, but I doubt that's the reason he's been suspended. If that were the case, then the NFL would find themselves very short on agents :-) .
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:55 am

Nevermind, I found it:

NFLPA SUSPENDS CARL POSTON

Liz Mullen of SportsBusiness Journal reports that the NFLPA Committee on Agent Regulation and Discipline has voted to suspend agent Carl Poston for two years.

The suspension arises from Poston's negotiation of LaVar Arrington's December 2003 contract extension with the Redskins. After the deal was done, Poston claimed that the Redskins had failed to include in the final version of the contract a $6.5 million roster bonus payable in 2006, which would have resulted in two 2006 $6.5 million roster bonuses in the contract. In support of the allegation that the 'Skins had hoodwinked Arrington and his agent, Poston admitted that the didn't read the contract before it was signed. The grievance filed on Arrington's behalf later was resolved in a manner that resulted in no payment or promise of payment to Arrington.

Poston can appeal the suspension to an arbitrator.

The irony is that Arrington was cut before either bonus would have come due. And the far bigger disservice, in our opinion, to Arrington was the failure of Poston to determine the market value of Arrington before allowing him to waive $4.4 million in deferred signing bonus money in order to secure his freedom, and in permitting him to turn down the opportunity to convert the $6.5 million roster bonus into a guaranteed payment. In more than a week since Arrington bought his release from the 'Skins by giving up the deferred bonus money, Arrington has made two visits and has received no offers.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:59 am

I don't know who I dislike more, the Postons or Rosenhaus :-t
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk