Seattle WR situation - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Seattle WR situation

Moderator: Football Moderators

Seattle WR situation

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:23 am

We've got D-Jack who has locked up the top spot, but then it's the youngster D.J. Hackett, the incumbent Bobby Engram, and The enigma Peter Warrick.

Will somebody rise out of that pack and be a true target for hasselbeck next season? Is the seattle No. 2 really a valuable fantasy position? Bobby Engram was worth it as a fantasy no. 3, and even Joe Jurevicious had some nice games to capatalize on, so in my opinion this could be a fantasy goldmine. My money is on warrick. He has the experience and ability, and with a year in the offense I think he will overtake the slower, yet similarly built engram. Engram is only 32.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:25 am

Two words. Taco Wallace. :-b
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Teck » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:24 am

( to the packers )
Thanks Wicked for the sig!
Teck
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby moochman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:25 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Two words. Taco Wallace. :-b

There is never a bad time for a Taco sighting :-b

I could see the CHacks going for another mid-level WR once the Hutch deal plays out. Engram would probably be the second most productive WR at this point.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:29 am

I'm hopin we get Burleson, theres a chance we might get keyshaun, but i would rather have burleson, he's younger and doesnt have a yapper...
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:10 am

I think Warrick could easily step up and be that #2 - 3 guy. He hasn't been too bad..........when he's been healthy.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Steve_L » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:58 am

Alkaholik wrote:I'm hopin we get Burleson, theres a chance we might get keyshaun, but i would rather have burleson, he's younger and doesnt have a yapper...

May be hard to get him away from the Vikings since they can match any offer put on the table. He's a great player just had the injury bug and a slupping Culpepper who didn't have any time in the pocket. He would be a great pick-up for the Seahawks but I can't see it happening unless they give him a lot of money.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:27 am

Engram seems to be Hasslebacks prefered target. I wouuld expect Engram to be the number 2 wr in seattle this year. He wont get huge numbers but he should get a decent amount of catches.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:01 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Engram seems to be Hasslebacks prefered target. I wouuld expect Engram to be the number 2 wr in seattle this year. He wont get huge numbers but he should get a decent amount of catches.

i agree, he might not be a good fantasy WR, but he's a pretty capable #2 NFL WR
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:33 pm

Steve_L wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:I'm hopin we get Burleson, theres a chance we might get keyshaun, but i would rather have burleson, he's younger and doesnt have a yapper...

May be hard to get him away from the Vikings since they can match any offer put on the table. He's a great player just had the injury bug and a slupping Culpepper who didn't have any time in the pocket. He would be a great pick-up for the Seahawks but I can't see it happening unless they give him a lot of money.

If the Vikings sign Hutch after they made that clever contract offer, do the Hawks try to exact some revenge with a Burleson offer? That would be interesting.
Does anyone think that the seattle no. 2 WR is fantasy relevant as a fantasy no. 3? They certainly were last season with Engram and Jurevicious doing fairly well until the D-Jack injury. With D-Jack back is this position a desirable one?
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk