Joe Horn - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Joe Horn

Moderator: Football Moderators

Joe Horn

Postby The Lung » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:23 pm

Some may be wary of Horn's age, injury history, the health of both QB Drew Brees and RB Deuce McAllister, and a new coaching staff in New Orleans.

I see the opportunity of drafting a Pro Bowl WR who caught 11 TDs and nearly 1400 yards only a season ago, and who is now no longer saddled by the erratic Aaron Brooks at the helm.

Joe Horn may be a forgotten man and fly under the radar. Could he be a bonafide steal in the middle rounds of drafts come August?
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:27 pm

While some will see it as a major risk, others will see it as a huge reward having Brees in there over Brooks. So, while there is concern, I don't think he'll slip by every owner far enough down the draft to be considered a steal. Mike Anderson... now there's where the money is at.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:28 pm

Well, I'd say he can only improve on last year which seemed to be a result of the general lack of offensive firepower (and injury) last year. Brees and Duece should allow the offense as a whole to get some momentum again.

He should be back to his old ways. I think of him as a Rod Smith type of guy. Dependable, but only for another year or two. Great pick in a redraft league; a mid to late rounder in a dynasty/keeper league.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:30 pm

Keep it down already! }:-)

I was happy to let everyone forget about the impact Brees could have on Joe Horn, who seems to have been all but forgotten in fantasy rankings.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:33 pm

"All Joe Horn wants to do is catch balls, talk on the phone, and win games--in that order."--Joe Horn, WR New Orleans Saints.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:36 pm

Another thing that is important to note is that Stallworth should stand to benefit from the new order of the Saints.

As long as his name isn't trumpeted from here until the season begins, he could be an undervalued player going into drafts. He's the Saint WR I would pick up if it were a dynasty/keeper.

Stallworth was hyped early in his career and a lot of guys got disenchanted with his production, so he has kind of a negative connotation in fantasy circles. He was really starting to get it going at the end of last season and I don't think everyone noticed.

Another Note about Horn: I think he becomes Brees' security blanket next season the same way that Antonio Gates was for him in San Diego. That is definitely a good thing. Stallworth should be the deep threat that he didn't really have in San Diego.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:39 pm

I think Stallworth is going to be drafted a little too highly in some drafts actually. I expect Horn to be the #1 WR again next season while many may think that Stallworth is the top option after his better numbers this season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:43 pm

I don't think his numbers would have dropped off from 2004 if not for his injury. He only missed three games, but the injury obviously slowed him down for the rest of the season.

Another factor is that Bouman was the QB for the last 3 games, which also lowered Horn's receiving totals (and dare I say it, he probably shut it down early for the season).

I would expect Joe Horn to challenge for a spot in the top 10 fantasy receivers by the end of the year if he can stay healthy all season.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:53 pm

Horn will obviously get talked about A LOT in fantasy circles. He isn't going to be sleeping on anyone; in fact, if anything he'll get overvalued. Everyone knows Brees is better than Brooks at managing a game and hitting receivers, and that will raise his draft value. It will also raise Stallworth's value back to whatever it normally is each year when we expect him to bust out. :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:53 pm

this is easily the biggest fantasy impact for the saints in terms of the drew brees signing, not Zach Hilton or whatever nonesense has been said about him, Joe Horn should return to top notch status with Brees at the Helm. Unfortunately, unless you're drafting now, everyone and their mother will know about it by the summer. There will be tons of articles pronouncing the return of Horn I bet. That injury really killed him last season.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk