Hawks to match offer to Hutch...sorta. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hawks to match offer to Hutch...sorta.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mnheadliner » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:51 pm

Steve_L wrote:Yea, it'll be interesting to see what happens because this puts the Vikings offensive line shopping on hold seeing as how the don't know what their line will be next year. My guess is the Vikings win.

My guess also is the Vikings win. Hutch was not happy Seattle signed Hass, Alex and Walter to huge deals but didn't work one out for him. So, ofcourse he's going to say it was his and his agent's idea for the provision. Plus, it has the "possibilty" of guarenteeing the whole thing one day...even though the Vikings will be carefull to never have that happen.

Vikings win. And, I think we're looking towards the draft for a OG. But, we'll also probably also sign a veteran to plug in in the meantime. This slows up nothing. Vikings know they'll likely win this battle. ;-D
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:09 am

saundman2000 wrote:That was a very slick move by the Vikings to slip that "Highest Paid Offensive Lineman" clause in there.

It won't hold up.

A few years ago, someone did this (put in a slick clause)...and the arbitrator ruled against them. As long as Seattle matches the money, length, guaranteed money...they'll keep him.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:23 am

reminds me of that crazy Federov contract the Red Wings had to sign to keep him after the Hurricanes signed him to an offer sheet with like a $14 millon bonus if they reached or won the cup...Wings matched and won and paid him handsomly
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk