NFL Head Coach - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

NFL Head Coach

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL Head Coach

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:26 pm

New game coming out in mid-April. You will literally take the role of head coach - everything from hiring/firing assistant coaches to watching the players at the combine.

some info i found

Gamers may not have a choice in who makes their NFL games in the wake of Electronic Arts' five-year exclusive rights deal with the league, but they still have a choice when it comes to the style of gameplay. The publisher is already well known for its traditional simluation football Madden series and the arcade-styled Street franchise, but today the company introduced a third pillar for release next year: the strategy-centric sim NFL Head Coach (working title).

Departing from the traditional sports sim game in a couple key ways, NFL Head Coach will not only bring 3D graphics to the traditionally static and spreadsheet-based genre, but also it will also appear on consoles. EA has announced that Head Coach is in development at EA Tiburon for a spring 2006 release on the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC. It also appears that EA is making a conscious effort to make the game more accessible than the average sports strategy title, beyond just giving it a coat of polygonal paint and releasing it for new platforms.

"NFL Head Coach is an entirely new football experience that every level of football gamer can play," according to EA Tiburon executive producer Dale Jackson. "It provides the strategy that the hardcore fan will demand, but with very easy-to-use controls and assistance for more-casual fans. Football will no longer be intimidating for the casual user."

Players will take control of every facet of the coaching position, pushing pencils, running practices, and donning the headset each Sunday. From developing and executing a team strategy to building a winning organization year in and year out, players will have to excel at it all to become a coaching legend.

It looks awesome, i cant wait im getting it, i love football sims.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:15 pm

there is a thread of the EXACT SAME NAME seven spots below...

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=223657

:-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:32 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:there is a thread of the EXACT SAME NAME seven spots below...

It's not the EXACT same. His has a period mine doesn't...guess that's what threw me off.

Just kidding lock this down boys.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:08 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:there is a thread of the EXACT SAME NAME seven spots below...

It's not the EXACT same. His has a period mine doesn't...guess that's what threw me off.

That period is kind of tricky... :-b

I wouldn't count on a lock though. This forum is way too barren.

Some news though... I heard this game was being pushed back with a release of June 20. Pretty likely, I'd say... there's only like three screen shots so far.

Hope it turns out OK... but I probably still won't buy it until I see good reviews... and then probably I'll wait for a price drop. I'm broke as a joke right now...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:24 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:

That period is kind of tricky... :-b

I wouldn't count on a lock though. This forum is way too barren.

Some news though... I heard this game was being pushed back with a release of June 20. Pretty likely, I'd say... there's only like three screen shots so far.

Hope it turns out OK... but I probably still won't buy it until I see good reviews... and then probably I'll wait for a price drop. I'm broke as a joke right now...

Yeah I'll probobly just rent it, then if it's really fun and i know I'll be able to play it alot w/o it getting easy or boring then I'll buy it.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Video Games