5350 yards passing, 55TDs, 12INTs
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:39 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:5350 yards passing, 55TDs, 12INTs

That's outrageous!!!! There's no way he gets 12 INTs.....try closer to around 2 INTs. :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:47 pm

mattb47 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:5350 yards passing, 55TDs, 12INTs

That's outrageous!!!! There's no way he gets 12 INTs.....try closer to around 2 INTs. :-b

I assumed that because he was playing more games outside, the sun would blind him. That's the only way he could throw 12 INTs. If Miami was domed, 2 INTs is more reasonable.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:48 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Did you see the protection early on in Minnesota last year?

Awful... Plain awful.... Pepper never had more than 2 seconds to throw in the games he started last year....

Oh, and let's not forget that Culpepper lost 5 games last year: Tampa, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Chicago, Carolina...

With the exception of a near miss by Atlanta, all those teams ended up being playoff teams, and even Atlanta would have been a playoff team in most other divisions....

That's really not so bad, if you ask me....

No, that is not bad. You're right.

BUT, the fact that a far less 'talented' QB, that is less mobile than an Oak tree, Brad Johnson was able to 'control' the offense, and actually win games.

Culpepper turns the ball over far too much. He will improve them, no doubt, but he will not be enough of a 'game control' QB to take them deep into the playoffs.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:53 pm

Yes C-Pep is a God. He has his own church.

The Church of Lewd and Lascivious Behavior.

Their hymn book consist of one song intitled "Rolling"....and you have to do the hand motions while singing or you're beaten on the knee until all three ligaments blow. :-]
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:03 pm

Santacruzer wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Did you see the protection early on in Minnesota last year?

Awful... Plain awful.... Pepper never had more than 2 seconds to throw in the games he started last year....

Oh, and let's not forget that Culpepper lost 5 games last year: Tampa, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Chicago, Carolina...

With the exception of a near miss by Atlanta, all those teams ended up being playoff teams, and even Atlanta would have been a playoff team in most other divisions....

That's really not so bad, if you ask me....

No, that is not bad. You're right.

BUT, the fact that a far less 'talented' QB, that is less mobile than an Oak tree, Brad Johnson was able to 'control' the offense, and actually win games.

Culpepper turns the ball over far too much. He will improve them, no doubt, but he will not be enough of a 'game control' QB to take them deep into the playoffs.

A few things...

1) Let's not forget that Brad Johnson is an NFL veteran and Superbowl Champion.... It's not like the guy is Joey Harrington...

2) Look at who Johnson defeated:

Detroit (2 times)
Green Bay
Cleveland
St. Louis
NY Giants (fluke game won on a kick return and defense)
Chicago (in a meaningless week 17 game)

Brad Johnson would have likely lost all of the same games at the beginning of the season that Culpepper did...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:50 pm

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned because by the time I got here this thing was 6 pages long, but I believe C-Pep had injured his knee for several games before he actually went out with the big knee injury. That would have alot to do with him not doing so well as his mobility was gone, and the stability needed to pass the ball would be affected. I'm not saying he's a god, but I think it's a bit premature to condemn him until his knee heals and we get a chance to see him again at full strength.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Flockers » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:59 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:Chambers > Moss

Blasphemy!
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:33 am

i don't think culpepper will be totally healthy next season.

I think culpepper is a stats stud.

In real life, I think he is a bit lacking relative to the other elite qb's, but i'd still roll the dice with him if I were a gam and didn't have manning, brady and mcnabb. ( listed him later lest anyone accuse me of thinking donovan is as good as those two)

I think of all those qbs, culpepper had a nice ratio of awesome offenseive pieces with a weaker division and conference. I think its criminal that in 2004 the vikes O got more yards than the colts in a wesker conference and had only a .500 record. Yes, your d needs to come up big, but its not like they couldn't have gone 6-0 or 5-1 in that conference with good O alone. It also seems he got stymied by the teams with good d coordinators, he made some bad decisions against the eagles imo.

But with miami, and a go to receiver in chambers, and a nasty d and good coach, there is no reason if healthy he can't produce. I am sure that d will give him short fields more of the time than minny did.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk