terpfan's 2006 NFL Mock Draft (updated on page 2) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

terpfan's 2006 NFL Mock Draft (updated on page 2)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:08 am

RocketsDWM wrote:Why is Hawk slipping in the draft?

From what I hear everyone has loved Hawk both at the combine and at his Pro Day. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see the Saints take him at 2.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:09 am

2? 8-o Over the Brick?
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:13 am

RocketsDWM wrote:2? 8-o Over the Brick?

I'm not saying it will happen but it wouldn't surprise me. Teams have really, really liked what they have seen from Hawk. No way he lasts to 9, no way.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:11 am

I like the feedback guys. Hawk is an interesting case. I could definately see him going to the Niners at 6. The more I think about it that pick might have the biggest impact of any on the rest of the draft.

Personally, Ive always thought Hawk was a tad overrated, but I didnt follow him that closely either.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:16 am

terpfan wrote:I like the feedback guys. Hawk is an interesting case. I could definately see him going to the Niners at 6. The more I think about it that pick might have the biggest impact of any on the rest of the draft.

Personally, Ive always thought Hawk was a tad overrated, but I didnt follow him that closely either.

Terp, I use to feel that way about him as well. But every single thing I have read about him has been nothing but positive and glowing. Saying he goes at 2 might be high but I definitely see someone in the top 6 taking him.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:49 am

Nice mock Terp.

About Hawk - he is largly getting good reviews, but the problem is so is Bush, Leinart, Cutler, D'Brick, Young, Ngata, and Mario. The top of this draft class has some absolute studs in it, so it really wouldnt be a huge suprise to see him slip a little ways - and it also wouldnt really be a big knock against him either. The only guy in that top group who's stock has really fallen so far is Young.

Now do I expect to see Hawk sitting there for the Lions at 9? No - but it wouldnt be that big of a shock either. Another thing to consider is that the top tier LBers seem to drop every yr - they seem to be projected to go a good few spots higher than they actually do. The way Terp spelled out the top 10 is very plausible.

The biggest question about the top 10 I have is VY. I know OAK needs a QB, but I just dont get that feeling that Al Davis will go that route and we could see VY fall out of the top 10.

I also am not sure about MIN going with White over Deangelo, but then again, I havent been reading much about who MIN likes more.

Finally - the thing I find most interesting is that some of those teams with early 2nd rd picks are going to have the opportunity for monster steals with Olinemen that fell because its such a deep class - any other yr Winston and Scott would be locks for the 1st rd.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:35 am

Somehow, I just don't see Maroney falling to 30, but it would be a sweet deal for Indy if it actually happens. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:42 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Somehow, I just don't see Maroney falling to 30, but it would be a sweet deal for Indy if it actually happens. ;-D

I was thinking that at first, but when you look at the teams it almost felt like I was stretching for teams to take a RB. The only team I can really see giving a RB to that I didnt would be Atlanta, but then again I dont think Minny necessarily takes a RB. So I think theres a good shot Maroney falls to the Colts. Like I said, its lucky for them it was a very deep year for RBs in free agency (and the draft)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:09 pm

terpfan wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Somehow, I just don't see Maroney falling to 30, but it would be a sweet deal for Indy if it actually happens. ;-D

I was thinking that at first, but when you look at the teams it almost felt like I was stretching for teams to take a RB. The only team I can really see giving a RB to that I didnt would be Atlanta, but then again I dont think Minny necessarily takes a RB. So I think theres a good shot Maroney falls to the Colts. Like I said, its lucky for them it was a very deep year for RBs in free agency (and the draft)

I agree. I really don't think Minnesota takes a back with Fason, Moore, Smith, and Taylor there. That would really be a waste of a first rounder. Why go out and get Taylor if you are going to draft someone? I think it's a possibility Maroney or Williams falls all the way down to Pittsburgh. But if not, Mangold is a good choice. The Steelers OL are all in their 20's except Hartings.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:46 pm

Pretty decent mock, but with some holes. AJ and Hali are a little strange, but already noted.

One that I am a little annoyed with is one many people make the mistake of...

THE. DALLAS. COWBOYS. WILL. NOT. DRAFT. OL.

They haven't in the first round 1982, and Jerry has already stated under no circumstanses will he do so this year. And with the Fabini pickup, it makes this even less of a possibility.

Dallas' big holes are FS, WR and OLB. Personally, though S may seem like a bigger hole (WR still is in my opinion. even with TO), look for Dallas to go OLB first round. The OLB talent in round 1 is far superior to the talent in 2-3, whereas S and WR are somewhat deep in Day 1 this year.

Other than that, good job. ;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk